Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

turning during pushback in FS9?

>I actually stopped using AES after I found Rob Barendregt's>Groundhandling gauges for FS2004! You can find the complete>cluster here at AVSIM by doing an Advanced Search on Rob's>name -- the file name is RCBgh-40.zip.>>It gets installed in every one of my planes now.I still use Rob's excellent gauge if an airport is not AES equipped, and it is very useful for controlling taxispeed on aircraft that want to run away with themselves!But it does not even come close to AES for pushback. IMHOAES is the only system that provides proper and accurate pushback....and the only system that makes you feel that you are being pushedback as opposed to pushing the aircraft back yourself.Plus the truck driver will make a good job of it as opposed the hash up that inevitably one does. For those who do not use Ctrl+E this is a time to concentrate on engine start.I also find it such an untidy start to a flight if my nosewheel is not on the taxiway line and the aircraft not in line with it.:)

Ed:Does AES tie into ATC or Radar Contact in some way so that it doesn't back you into another plane taxiing behind you? I hate that! That's the one problem with doing pushbacks manually . . . If you forget to look behind you even once, you end up with a bent plane!

>Ed:>>Does AES tie into ATC or Radar Contact in some way so that it>doesn't back you into another plane taxiing behind you? I>hate that! That's the one problem with doing pushbacks>manually . . . If you forget to look behind you even once,>you end up with a bent plane!One of the reasons I use FS ATC and not Radar Contact is because FS ATC looks after my AI.If AES pushes you back onto a taxiway that has an AI coming a long it...FS ATC will tell the oncoming AI to hold because you are now in its way.

FS should stop an aircraft whether or not you are running FS ATC AFAIK. I see it happening when using RC. In either case it does not work all the time.One example is if I am on an opposing taxiway across a runway threshold, when I start moving to position and hold, the opposing aircraft waits.The same happens when I am taxiing to a runway and an AI is taxiing back and we get stalled nose-to-nose.

With me, I notice the AI stops ONLY if it is BEHIND me on the same taxiway. But if we're opposing or intersecting, the AI will usually just cut me off with any notifications OR I am the one directed to hold short, even though I am closer to the intersecting point and was on the taxiway first. Seems that AI almost always gets priority.

Yes,FS ATC and AI are far from perfect....but AES pushback pretty much is and getting better. :)