Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

turning during pushback in FS9?

Guest demanton

After shift-p, press 1 for tail left, 2 for tail right.

For PMDG planes- In the upper Menu Bar- see PMDG/Settings. In General/Keyboard Commands, I have Push Back set to Num 2, PBL set to Num 4, PBR set to Num 6. These commands then work on the ARROW keys with Num Lock On- left arrow, back arrow, right arrow at the lower centre of the keyboard. Hit the back arrow again to stop the pushback in progress.You can also use the Num Keyboard keys 4,6,2 that have arrows- if Num lock is off.Works for both PMDG 737/747. I refer to FS9 only- no knowledge of FSX.Very handy commands!Alex Reid

>After shift-p, press 1 for tail left, 2 for tail right.ok, I tried it but doesn't do anything. still keeps going straight back. Are you talking about the 1 and 2 on the number pad or the number row above the letters?

right from their helpsite:In Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight, you must push back your aircraft from the parked location before you request the ATC for clearance to taxi to the runway.To push back an aircraft from its parked location to the taxiway, follow these steps:Press SHIFT+P to push the aircraft straight back.To turn the tail of the aircraft to the left, press the 1 key.To turn the tail of the aircraft to the right, press the 2 key.To stop the aircraft, press SHIFT+P.Note Do not use the numeric pad keys to push back the aircraft.one thing to note, the aircraft will travel it own length after you press the 1 or 2 key BEFORE turning.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest RonB49

>one thing to note, the aircraft will travel it own length after you>press the 1 or 2 key BEFORE turning.And another thing to note, after pressing Shift+p, do NOT change views or press any other keys before pressing the 1 or 2.R-

yes I found that out. I was pushing back, hit the 1 key and nothing happened, but after a bit, it did. guess it was pushing back its length. got it now. thanks!

If you want to experience proper pushback get AES.....but be warned once you have tried AES pushback ...you will never go back. :-outta

Indeed, some have sold almost all they own to buy AES credits :-hah regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

>ok, I'll bite. What is AES pushback and where do I find?Pushback is part of AES (Airport Enhancement Services)AES only works with FS2004 and only with airports for which it specifically is designed for (and bought for, by means of credits)Nevertheless it is a great add-on.http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re/ibosh...i?showd,,D10333

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

>>one thing to note, the aircraft will travel it own length>after you>>press the 1 or 2 key BEFORE turning.>>And another thing to note, after pressing Shift+p, do NOT>change views or press any other keys before pressing the 1 or>2.>>R-Hey wow, now I got it. I was changing views in between so I followed these directions and it worked perfectly backing out of my gate at KDFW. Made a nice left turn going backward, turned about 90 degrees and I was pointed right onto the taxiway and without bumping into another plane! All this time I didn't know FS9 had this feature. Thanks guys/gals.

I actually stopped using AES after I found Rob Barendregt's Groundhandling gauges for FS2004! You can find the complete cluster here at AVSIM by doing an Advanced Search on Rob's name -- the file name is RCBgh-40.zip.It gets installed in every one of my planes now.