Sign in to follow this  
psolk

Question for Rocky or Scoob re: Airbus Series 2

Hey guys,Sorry to bother you with this but I know I have seen you guys around these forums and I know both of you are/were involved with the Airbus 2nd Edition or volunteering to help out FT. Personally, I think they are the only decently modeled (systems wise) big busses available in FS today so thanks for the efforts, I enjoy them, especially with FS2Crew!I am sure this was never the intended use case but I was wondering if you guys had any ideas why the busses won't run on XP 64? I am 99.9% migrated to XP 64 and really the 340-300/500/600 and some Dreamfleet stuff using the reality-xp gauges are the only things I can't port over...I know it was a long shot but was hoping you guys might have an idea. Either that or maybe someone else has them running on XP64...Thanks in advance!-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme4 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigsDual VelociRaptor 10k 3gb/s RAID-0Dual WD Caviar 500 gig Raid-0Single 150Gig SATA2 Swap Drive28 inch LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sPCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLISaitek Yoke, Saitek Rudders, Go-Flight Flap,Gear and Trim Controlhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigsIntel E6600 @ 3.2Asus P5N32E-SLI Plus3 Gigs Kingston Hyper XXFX 8600 GTAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to respond anyway, it is greatly appreciated. Wasn't sure if you ran by this one in the past or knew of any required VB or C++ libraries XP64 might be missing...Would love to see the big busses in my XP64 build.Thanks again,-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme4 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigsDual VelociRaptor 10k 3gb/s RAID-0Dual WD Caviar 500 gig Raid-0Single 150Gig SATA2 Swap Drive28 inch LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sPCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLISaitek Yoke, Saitek Rudders, Go-Flight Flap,Gear and Trim Controlhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigsIntel E6600 @ 3.2Asus P5N32E-SLI Plus3 Gigs Kingston Hyper XXFX 8600 GTAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

I am surprised because I am in contact with someone who also uses XP64 and he can fly the Vol1 and Vol2 buses (almost) without any problem. The only problems he has sometimes are problems with the navigation database, with some rare SID or STARs. I looked into the problem but couldn't find out. Solving a problem I don't have is quite difficult... Except this, it works fine.The only reason I can imagine why our Airbuses and the Reality XP products don't work fine with XP64 is the use of multi-threading. This is the only common point I see. But if you offer me a copy of XP64, I promise I will look deeply into this :-)Eric

Hey Eric,Thanks for taking the time to respond, it is greatly appreciated... At least hearing that someone else is running XP64 leads me to believe it can be done. I will have to play around when I have some time. Reality XP is using some old 16 bit subsystems that probably break XP64 but knowing someone else is using it the busses on XP64 I am confident it should work.As for your offer for a copy of XP64 I would love to if I could still find it... I am all for helping out developers! I had to get my copy from NewEgg as a systems builder OEM copy a few months back when I saw the XP64 light :)Thanks again for responding Eric,-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme4 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigsDual VelociRaptor 10k 3gb/s RAID-0Dual WD Caviar 500 gig Raid-0Single 150Gig SATA2 Swap Drive28 inch LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sPCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLISaitek Yoke, Saitek Rudders, Go-Flight Flap,Gear and Trim Controlhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigsIntel E6600 @ 3.2Asus P5N32E-SLI Plus3 Gigs Kingston Hyper XXFX 8600 GTAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Hey Eric,So after your post I did some testing and I am indeed able to load the AC no problem. The problem is that anytime I go to select an arrival airport in the FMC I get a straight CTD, no error no nothing.Any suggestions?Thanks again,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

I said here I am in contact with a guy who has XP64. I worked with him to fix this bug. He helped me a lot because I don't have XP64, he was my eyes :-)Now this bug is fixed, on my machine only...Eric

Thanks Eric,I don't think it is an XP 64 thing, I think it is the Airac cycle...With 0809 I get a straight CTD with a FP compiled with 0809With 0809 I can load a flight plan created with 0610 but then modified to show 0809 in the .rte filewith 0610 and a flight plan with 0610 I get a C++ buffer overrun and FS hangsSo I am getting extremely varied results based on different Airac cycles. I am trying to troubleshoot now by letting FS create a new FMGC.cfg but just keep hitting different walls... I am more than happy to work as your eyes if you are willing :)Thanks again,-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme4 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigsDual VelociRaptor 10k 3gb/s RAID-0Dual WD Caviar 500 gig Raid-0Single 150Gig SATA2 Swap Drive28 inch LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sPCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLISaitek Yoke, Saitek Rudders, Go-Flight Flap,Gear and Trim Controlhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigsIntel E6600 @ 3.2Asus P5N32E-SLI Plus3 Gigs Kingston Hyper XXFX 8600 GTAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

I know this as well. Indeed, one of the bug was not because of XP64, but it seems that the buffer overrun problem is XP64-related. I thank you for proposing your help, but I don't need it anymore since the bug is now fixed.Eric

Thanks Eric,I will keep playing around and see if I can figure anything out.-Paul Primary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme4 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigsDual VelociRaptor 10k 3gb/s RAID-0Dual WD Caviar 500 gig Raid-0Single 150Gig SATA2 Swap Drive28 inch LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sPCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLISaitek Yoke, Saitek Rudders, Go-Flight Flap,Gear and Trim Controlhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigsIntel E6600 @ 3.2Asus P5N32E-SLI Plus3 Gigs Kingston Hyper XXFX 8600 GTAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

If you want me to test with my upgraded version, please let me know what AIRAC you use, and what airport causes an error.Eric

Thanks Eric,I am trying with both 0610 and 0809 for testing purposes. Preferred is 0809. I am getting the Buffer overrun trying to use EGLL as a destination.EGLL-Buffer overrunLSZH-CTDLFBO-no issues LOL...Thank you again, I really appreciate it!-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme4 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigsDual VelociRaptor 10k 3gb/s RAID-0Dual WD Caviar 500 gig Raid-0Single 150Gig SATA2 Swap Drive28 inch LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sPCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLISaitek Yoke, Saitek Rudders, Go-Flight Flap,Gear and Trim Controlhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigsIntel E6600 @ 3.2Asus P5N32E-SLI Plus3 Gigs Kingston Hyper XXFX 8600 GTAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

OK, EGLL, but when does the crash occurs?When you enter the FROM/TO airports? Or when you click DEPARTURE to select the runway?I ask you this because I will try it on my system and send you a screenshot to show it now works.Eric

Hey Eric,It is when you select the DEPARTURE and select a runway...I completely believe that it works on your machine :) Just wondering why it doesn't work on mine LOL...Thanks again,-PaulEdit: It is definitely airport dependant...LLBG- worksLFBO- worksLSZH- CTDEGLL- Buffer Overrun...Oh well, I appreciate the help, I guess as the soup ###### from Seinfeld would say No Airbus for You! ;)I really appreciate the help though Eric!!!-P Primary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme4 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigsDual VelociRaptor 10k 3gb/s RAID-0Dual WD Caviar 500 gig Raid-0Single 150Gig SATA2 Swap Drive28 inch LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sPCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLISaitek Yoke, Saitek Rudders, Go-Flight Flap,Gear and Trim Controlhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigsIntel E6600 @ 3.2Asus P5N32E-SLI Plus3 Gigs Kingston Hyper XXFX 8600 GTAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk