Sign in to follow this  
mageej

Custom AI gone

Hey guys, I tried to get rid of the default AI planes and just use addon packages. Now the default AI are still there, but my addons are gone. I've compiled and recompiled the addon flight plans, the ai planes are in the aircraft folder, etc... I use WOAI, Fruitstand, AI Aardvark and such. I've checked the aircraft folders for the proper calls under "sim=", and all is good. I might have a problem with the default flight plan file, since I took it out, but put it back. Thanks for the help. By the way, is there a way to use custom addon AI and not the default AI? Thanks.

>Hey guys, I tried to get rid of the default AI planes and>just use addon packages. Now the default AI are still there,>but my addons are gone. I've compiled and recompiled the addon>flight plans, the ai planes are in the aircraft folder, etc...>I use WOAI, Fruitstand, AI Aardvark and such. I've checked the>aircraft folders for the proper calls under "sim=", and all is>good. I might have a problem with the default flight plan>file, since I took it out, but put it back. Thanks for the>help. By the way, is there a way to use custom addon AI and>not the default AI? Thanks.It would help if you told us just how you tried to remove the default AI.All that was necessary was to rename the default traffic file with a BAK extension (so it could be easily restored later if desired) and add packages from WOAI etc.That default file is named traffic030528.bgl and assuming a default installation, is located here:C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9SceneryWorldsceneryI, and many others use only WOAI real world airline packages and/or packages from other sources such as project AI - with no issues. The vast majority have also renamed the default traffic file (which effectively disables it) as part of the setup.Hope that helps.

That's exactly what I did! Only now my AI doesn't show and the traffic bgl is in there. I'll check again. I'll let you know.

Here's what I have;Traffic030528.bgltraffic030528.bgl.oldTraffic030528.bgloldtraffic030528.ORIGINALthen there's all of the installed flight plan bgl's from the addon AI.

>Here's what I have;>>Traffic030528.bgl>>traffic030528.bgl.old>>Traffic030528.bglold>>traffic030528.ORIGINAL>>then there's all of the installed flight plan bgl's from the>addon AI.Rename your Traffic030528.bgl to Traffic030528.bgl.bakThat will remove the default AI Traffic.World of AI packages will create their own individual traffic files with WOA as part of the name along with the airline name.Example:Traffic_000_WoA_American Airlines_Su08.bglFS2004 allows you to have as many AI traffic files as you may want - unlike FS2002 where everything had to be in one file.Hope that helps.

Ok, I have no default AI. Also no other traffic. Let me check to see if I have everything recompiled in Traffic Tools.

They're all there. Confused. I've had everything working before until I did the default mess. I did have trouble seeing all of the AI before after installing a WOAI package, and the aircraft didn't show.

>Ok, I have no default AI. Also no other traffic. Let me check>to see if I have everything recompiled in Traffic Tools.Using WOAI as an example, the WOAI installer does ALL the work for you - you do not have to compile anything.Your statement about recompiling therfore has me confused.

>They're all there. Confused. I've had everything working>before until I did the default mess. I did have trouble seeing>all of the AI before after installing a WOAI package, and the>aircraft didn't show. Weh you say "they're all there" what exactly do you mean?The AI aircraft now show properly or the traffic files are now there or ???

The traffic files in Scenery/World/Scenery are there. All of the compiled flight plans for the AI.

>>Ok, I have no default AI. Also no other traffic. Let me>check>>to see if I have everything recompiled in Traffic Tools.>>Using WOAI as an example, the WOAI installer does ALL the work>for you - you do not have to compile anything.>>Your statement about recompiling therfore has me confused.>> Yes, you're right.

>The traffic files in Scenery/World/Scenery are there. All of>the compiled flight plans for the AI.If the various WOAI traffic files are in place, then what is your current status? Do the real world aircraft show at airports or in the air? i.e. is the problem solved?One thing you need to keep in mind - if you are adding an updated schedule to any of the real world airline packages using WOAI, you should go into the installers "expert" mode and see what you already have installed and uninstall any earlier version.Example: if you are wanting to install plans for AA for the summer of 2008 and already have AA plans for the summer of 2006 (just an example) then the 2006 ones should be removed first.If you do not, then it is possible to get dulicate title= lines and that will potentially cause some of the aircraft to not be used.Please clarify your situation.

No AI at all. Now I'm getting "unhandled exceptions" from the WOAI installer. Just tried to reinstall a package and got the error. This AI stuff is not easy. I'm trying to learn as much as I can. I appreciate your help.

Wierd! Now I reinstalled an American Airlines WOAI package and I got default AI and a United 744 that's not AI!