Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

To E-Jet or not to E-Jet....

Too be honnest I only did one flight.... yet....but I followed a tutorial I found on youtube and made an absolute perfect landing into LGA.Eventhough the tutorial had other destinations.That was prior to SP6,it seems to me it's a very good plane if I can land it on the spot on my first attempt.I also used the Airbus and was extremely rarely that lucky.Just doesn't seem to want to lineup most of the times.Of course,maybe the E170/190 won't act like that everywhere.We shall see.Richard

Guest Ed Lin

I'm enjoying this package immensely -- the deluxe pack which includes the McPhat textures.The graphics for the vc are very sharp, though I must admit, it's the only package in which I will get a CTD when I end a flight and go to save a default plane in my situation. I do not have ctd's in flight at all and performance is very smooth on my system.I've been a simmer for over 10 years and I frequently fly the PMDG 737 and 747 packages as well as the LDS 767. Does this package rank with those? No -- it's a notch or two below overall. But still, I highly recommend this package. I also own the Feel There ERJ145 and the Legacy packages as well. Those are quite enjoyable too in their own right.Give it a shot and believe me, I doubt you'll find time to be reading these forums -- unless you're zooming somewhere from 35,000 feet. :( Ed Lin, D.O.S.

I'm not seeing most of the issues that some are complaining about. May want to check that you do have the latest version available. Even if you have downloaded it, does not mean it was correctly installed. It is a good investment to make IMO and I have not regretted it since. I fly the 170 and 190 quite often and without issues.Cheers.I'm not seeing most of the issues that some are complaining about. May want to check that you do have the latest version available. Even if you have downloaded it, does not mean it was correctly installed. It is a good investment to make IMO and I have not regretted it since. I fly the 170 and 190 quite often and without issues.Cheers.

OK, another perspective question.I've been watching the development of this addon.I find FeelThere aircaft enjoyable to fly after a few patches applied. I often fly their 737, A320 and A340.However I haven't bought the E-jets yet. And it's not just due to the patches (anyway there are 5 or 6 already).I just cannot take to this Honeywell avionics (in reality too, not just in the FS rednition).I guess I'm the boeing/airbus displays guy and Honeywell gives my head / eyes a reel.How fast did you guys get used to it and are you enjoying it?I find it rather hard to read information from their PFD and ND (judging on the screens).honeywell.jpgI know my problem may sound strange, so please don't shoot me. I'm still interested in your impressions on that.Was your transition from a 737 or 767 painful in any way?I'm not even talking about their weird yoke as I'd be using my own boeing type one anyway. :)BTW: How do you think is the FeelThere's EMB fly-by-wire?Best regards,Rafal

Rafal,The Honeywell system is quite different than B or A. However, after flying the E jets for a while, I find the information displays quite good and even better than what you get with Boeing and Airbus. Everything you need info wise is right there without having to switch screens. I really like the progress/profile views that you can bring up.

Eric 

Thanks, Eric!Sounds reasonable and convincing.I may give it a try then one day....Best regards,Rafal

OK, another perspective question.I've been watching the development of this addon.I find FeelThere aircaft enjoyable to fly after a few patches applied. I often fly their 737, A320 and A340.However I haven't bought the E-jets yet. And it's not just due to the patches (anyway there are 5 or 6 already).I just cannot take to this Honeywell avionics (in reality too, not just in the FS rednition).I guess I'm the boeing/airbus displays guy and Honeywell gives my head / eyes a reel.How fast did you guys get used to it and are you enjoying it?I find it rather hard to read information from their PFD and ND (judging on the screens).honeywell.jpgI know my problem may sound strange, so please don't shoot me. I'm still interested in your impressions on that.Was your transition from a 737 or 767 painful in any way?I'm not even talking about their weird yoke as I'd be using my own boeing type one anyway. :)BTW: How do you think is the FeelThere's EMB fly-by-wire?Best regards,Rafal
I have flown most advanced add-ons for FS and I would recommend Wilco's E-Jets. I have their 737, Airbus Vol1 and this is by far their best release ever. I've not had any problems with the autoflight systems and everything has worked as expected (if programmed correctly). I was a little dubious of Wilco products after their Airbus release, but E-Jets is a winner (one of my favorite planes in FSX).BTW, the EMB cockpit is pretty cool and is the future of avionics. It's fairly intuitive after a couple of flights.

HiI know something. I will never buy again any Wilco/Feelthere product released after Airbus series.I tried to get any feedback regarding poor FMS programing on Airbus Vol 1.I asked what will be done with most critical item in series of bugs and this is pseudowaypoint recalculation, which does not work correctly at all.I didn't get any useful answer, so I think that development (correction of tons of bugs) stopped. So I will took really good a/c and this is PMDG B737/747 or LevelD 767. Edin H.

I have flown most advanced add-ons for FS and I would recommend Wilco's E-Jets. I have their 737, Airbus Vol1 and this is by far their best release ever. I've not had any problems with the autoflight systems and everything has worked as expected (if programmed correctly). I was a little dubious of Wilco products after their Airbus release, but E-Jets is a winner (one of my favorite planes in FSX).BTW, the EMB cockpit is pretty cool and is the future of avionics. It's fairly intuitive after a couple of flights.

HiI know something. I will never buy again any Wilco/Feelthere product released after Airbus series.I tried to get any feedback regarding poor FMS programing on Airbus Vol 1.I asked what will be done with most critical item in series of bugs and this is pseudowaypoint recalculation, which does not work correctly at all.I didn't get any useful answer, so I think that development (correction of tons of bugs) stopped. So I will took really good a/c and this is PMDG B737/747 or LevelD 767. Edin H.
I understand being bitter toward a developer (I'll never buy another CaptainSim product), but it's sad you're missing out on a high quality airplane. I own products from the other quality developers you mentioned, and the EMB is at the very least on par with the PMDG 737 which everyone considers a benchmark.Yes the Airbus is bad (both the MCDU and the Virtual Cockpit are poor quality) and I don't recommend it, nor do I recommend the Wilco 737 for FSX as many people including myself can't use the VC properly. But the EMB is an exception.