Sign in to follow this  
mageej

AI fresh install

Hello, I want to start my AI over again with a clean slate. I've had so many problems getting the custom packages to show. I wiped out all addon AI aircraft, plans and cfgs. I deleted and re-downloaded the WOAI installer with Traffic Tools with it. I reopened Traffic Tools and it still showed the previously deleted text files. I went to the scenery/world/scenery folder and deleted the bgl's there for the addon AI. Can I delete the default AI text files too? Help is greatly appreciated. I want to reinstall my WOAI packages so they show again. Thanks.

Guest H_Kev55

I wouldn't delete the default file, just rename it. I think I've read somewhere if you delete the default file it will cause problems.Renaming will work just fine.

My problem is that I've installed some WOAI packages and they don't show up at any airport. The default AI is no problem, I can just use another ai plane in place of them.

The AI txt files are just the decompiled components of a compiled traffic bgl.In your case you can safely delete them or if you prefer, move them to a temporary location elsewhere in case you want to study their makeup later on.Rename the default traffic file (to remove the default traffic) with a Bak extension so it is disabled.Then, using the WOAI installer, install whatever packages you so desire - being careful not to install duplicate ones (newer plans over older ones). Delete any older ones first.You should be good to go.I also use the PAI installer for some of their plans and it creates one traffic file named Traffic_PAI.bgl. All PAI (Project AI) packages end up being combined into that one traffic file.With WOAI, you get an individual traffic file for each airline you install - which I prefer as you can more easily see at a glance what you already have.Let the installer do the work for you - you should have no reason to get involved with the Traffic Tools utility unless you are adding other stand alone packages which need to be compiled.For the present at least, I would recommend using WOAI only and if that does not fill your skies enough, or you want some specific airlines not represented in WOAI, then later on add them.Hope that helps.

I've renamed the only default Traffic bgl to ".bak" and will start from there. I'll let you know in a few minutes while I install a new WOAI package. By the way, every time I delete an old WOAI flight bgl, it shows up again in scenery/world/scenery. Why is that?

Ok, I installed an Alaska Airlines package and went to Panc in Alaska, and no ai except for a GA package that was probably a leftover I forgot to delete. Any clues?

There is no reason to reinstall FS2004.Possibly there was nothing scheduled to be on the ground at the time you checked an airport and/or you do not have your airlines traffic slider set high enough.Don't jump to conclusions prematurely.

>I've renamed the only default Traffic bgl to ".bak" and will>start from there. I'll let you know in a few minutes while I>install a new WOAI package. By the way, every time I delete an>old WOAI flight bgl, it shows up again in>scenery/world/scenery. Why is that?How about an example?

But if I installed a package, shouldn't there be a flight file with it? My slider is at 100%.

An example is a UAL bgl from WOAI that keeps coming back after I delete it. There are a few others too that do this, but the new ones that I install are nowhere to be found in the scenery/world/scenery folder.

>But if I installed a package, shouldn't there be a flight>file with it? My slider is at 100%.Yes - the package should automatically create a specific traffic file.Examples:Traffic_13_WoA_United Parcel Service_Su07.bglTraffic_225_WoA_Alaska Airlines_Wi07.bglTraffic_80_WoA_Delta Air Lines_Su06.bglThey should be found in your C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9SceneryWorldscenery subfolder - assuming a default FS2004 installation.

Here's an update; I got some AI installed and they show up! The problem was that I had to install them manually. The WOAI installer didn't put the aircraft or schedule bgl's in the right folders. I had to choose the manual option and place them myself. Looks like it's working ok, but there's a WOAI cfg that's left from the manual extraction. I didn't know what to do with it, so I left it out, but the AI is working fine. I have no idea why the installer won't put the files in the right places. Where are they being put? Oh well. Thanks for all or your help guys!

It has been quite awhile since I installed the installer, but I seem to remember there is a screen where you can tell it which version of FS you are using and where it is installed.If so, you might have misssed setting that up and it does not know where to correctly place the files.