Sign in to follow this  
mikejr

Night Scenery package?

Hey everyone, A couple of months ago i downloaded a night scenery package called 'fs2night' and after a few weeks, i now think the lights are far too defined and unvaried in colour and pattern variety. Can anyone suggest a better freeware global night-time ground texture package, compatible with Airport Environment Upgrade 7/8 and Real Environment Professional? Or a method of quickly restoring the default textures? :-hmmm Be great if i could have some post-backs on this one,thanks a lot in advance.Cheers. :-beerchug

Mike 

Hey everyone, A couple of months ago i downloaded a night scenery package called 'fs2night' and after a few weeks, i now think the lights are far too defined and unvaried in colour and pattern variety. Can anyone suggest a better freeware global night-time ground texture package, compatible with Airport Environment Upgrade 7/8 and Real Environment Professional? Or a method of quickly restoring the default textures? :-hmmm Be great if i could have some post-backs on this one,thanks a lot in advance.Cheers. :-beerchug
I can't suggest an alternative for you to audition but the following may help if you wish to restore anything from the original install disks:http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/faq001.htmlIt shows where everything is on your install disks and how extract just what you need.I also recommend fs9cddir.zip Compiled by Brian Collins (available here in the library)This is an Excel format listing of all the files on your install disks. A great resource to keep handy.

I'm still using the red-green, sodium light set in fs2k4gnight.zip by Chris Willis. Also grab the fix file gnfixv2.zip.The lights are in convincing, irregular patterns, with that nice amber glow that dominates at night. The set is easy to install, but once installed just make sure they don't accidentally get overridden by some other program (e.g., Ultimate Terrain using city night light option). Because this night light set uses irregular patterns to create a city lighting effect, it probably works best if you only display major roads (e.g., don't use the "residential road" option in Ultimate Terrain or similar).

Cool! Thanks Clipper, i'll look into that one for sure! I'll get back to you soon.Thanks.

Mike