Sign in to follow this  
Guest Murfi

Issues

Guest Murfi

Hey pilots!I have just purchased FS2Crew and I'm new to using it. As you can see I bought the 747 edition for FSX. I installed it fine, so I open it up and click Default FSX 747 and I get this message:FS2Crew Deafult 747 Edition not detected, functions on this tab will be INOP.So I don't know what to do, I thought maybe of reinstalling it but how exactly? I was going to copy the program onto a disc for safe keeping but before I wnated to check if it's all working which it's not. When I click ok I can't type anything in the fields.Any help greatly appreciated!-Billy

Hi Billy,You could have an install problem.Try re-installing.The setup exe should be in C:FS2Crew assuming you let it install to the default location.Also, when you installed, did the installer locate the FSX Main directory? It should do that automatically. It should look something like this.http://www.fs2crew.com/inst.jpg-Bryan

Guest Murfi

Blah, it reinstalled where my game is however I get a message saying it didn not install correctly and when I open the software and go to Default 747 I get the same error message.

Hmmmm....Try this:1. You could have a corrupt download. Please re-download the software again, but be sure to use the Flight1 Downloader Tool.2. You could have an FSX Registry problem. Using Regedit, make sure this entry is there for FSX (FS10):HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftMicrosoft GamesFlightSimulator10.03. Also, please see this thread and how the user fixed a similar issue by re-installing FSX:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=24&mesg_id=24-Bryan

Guest Murfi

I have alreayd read that post and I'm sorry to inform you that it didn't help me and nor can I find the folderHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftMicrosoft GamesFlightSimulator10.0I don't even know if I'm looking properly becuase I know nothing about the registry. I have reinstalled FSx 3 times since I've had FS2 on my computer and no luck. I did use the Flight 1 downloader tool.So am I stumped or what?

Reading the registry is easy.Start -> Run -> Type "Regedit".Just expand the folders until you can see the entry above. Also, when you installed FSX, there is an option that allows you to install it for "all users." Did you by chance uncheck that?Also, please email me: admin@fs2crew.comThanks,-Bryan