Sign in to follow this  
michelvdriel

Problems with setting up autopilot when using FSX 747

Hi,When I'm using Default FSX 747 I'm having a strange problem.When I start, everything works as supposed to, but while running the checklists I need to go through before departure it seems that FSX 747 changes something so I can only set the heading, altitude, speed etc in the autopilot multiplied by 10. So setting the course 110 and 120 etc is no problem, but trying to give the autopilot a course of 112 is impossible. Anybody else have this problem AND a way around it?Thanks!Michel

I'll have a look when the problem occurs exactly and let you know.It starts fine, but during the pre-flight events and checklists somewhere it changes the behaviour of the autopilot settings.Regards,Michel

Hi Michel,After doing some research, this issue would in theory appear to be caused by a gauge "firing" commands in an endless loop (18 times a second in FS). That can interfere with the internal timing of the FS autopilot events, resulting in what you are seeing.I believe FSUIPC may have a built in fix for this. Do you have FSUIPC?Bryan

I am having this exact problem.When I first start its fine but by the time I'm taxiing it has happened, and it stays like that the whole flight(makes following ATC instructions very hard) until sometime after I land and it is back to normal.No I have not got FSUIPC.

Hi,I'm sorry for not responding for quite a while... Have been on holiday, so no time :)I don't have FSUIPC (and don't know it either)...Thanks!Michel

Guest petecart

Hi Bryan, I have noticed this a couple of times but it goes away when I reboot.Not sure what you're going to say about why it happens, but I switch a lot between virtual and the F10 cockpit across a couple of monitors and assumed somehow it was related to that.Testing this thing called Deep Freeze, and it's kind of cool: each time I screw some thing up tinkering with FSX it gets fixed on reboot.Curious to know what's up but the product is still so fun to use it's no biggie. Thanks,Peter C.