Sign in to follow this  
Guest RsHRsH

How do I questions not answered in the manual...

Guest RsHRsH

I am preparing to fly from CYYZ [Toronto] to ZWWW [urumqi-Diwopu Airport in China]. It is at 2125' or 648m above sea level and the runway 07/25 is 11811' long and can handle a B474 Freighter at MTOW. The flight will be 11h 41m according to FSBuild. I will be flying Canadian Airlines.Question 1. How do I add an airport such as Urumqi-Diwopu to the list of available airports, as it is NOT one of the choices currently available.Question 2. How do I add CAN as the call sign for the airline if it is not one of the choices available.Neither question is answered in the manual.Question 3. If both FSBuild and FSCrew calculate the amount of fuel that should be required for the flight, which numbers should I use and trust?FWIWRsHRsH

Hi,1 and 2. You cannot add an airport or a callsign to the list available on the Flight Planning page: they are hard-coded. You must choose from the existing list.The selections are for audio purposes only. If you want to fly to an airport not available in the list (for example, the one you mentioned in China), the simulation will still run perfectly, it's just that when making a cruise PA you won't hear the specific name of the city mentioned.3. Given that FSBuild specializes in flight planning you would probably get better data through FSBuild. FS2Crew's specialty is crew interaction, not flight planning.Cheers,Bryan