Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Consequences of "Fast Forwarding" an FS2Crew flight in FS9

Are there any negative consequences to moving a plane farther along in a flight plan, to skip the boring hours of cruising, either by using the Map, or FSNavigator or Slew, or something along those lines, or do I have to fly the entire flight in FS2Crew "as is"? I believe I read that I can increase the simulation speed to 4x or 8x, but I'm not sure.The reason I ask is because I was flying the default tutorial from RKSI to Tokyo yesterday, and I finally got up in the air and was cruising fine, but I use FSNavigator as my GPS, just to track the flight, but not to fly the flight plan or anything (no real interaction with FS9). The MS-GPS was still engaged and autopilot was working fine, but I selected the "Move Plane to Here" feature in FSNavigator, which moved the plane to just BEFORE the estimated Beginning of Descent point (as arbitrarily determined by FSNav). The same effect can be achieved by opening the map and dragging the little plane icon forward and going back into the flight. The scenery reloads and you have just cut an hour or two off your flight time.However, FS2Crew never started the descent and in fact kept trying to move back to FL310 whenever I disengaged and reengaged the autopilot. It was my understanding that FS2Crew would autoland the plane, but I ended up going around and landing manually, which was no big deal, but I was wondering about the best way to "jump ahead" when using FS2Crew, or if it is at all possible.Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

The default 747 doesn't have Autoland, does it? Sorry, I bought this right after I bought the Default 737 version, and I think I got confused in my readings.Apologies for wasting bandwidth.

Hi Chuck,The default 747 Edition does add autoland capability to the aircraft.Be sure to check the manual on what you need to do to set it up.Best way to 'skip ahead' is to use the Sim Rate function, but bear in mind that using high Sim Rates can sometime cause problems for certain aircraft.Cheers,Bryan