Sign in to follow this  
Guest ben_hewitt

Any news on Screenshot Forum?

Guest ben_hewitt

Hi!, I loved the Screenshot forum and miss it so much!!, it's almost been 3 weeks and I was wondering if there was any news or updates on how it's going. Thanks!

Guest Clement Guivarc h

My daoly visit to the screenshots forum was a true ritual lol...I miss this forum too, what's new about it ?../)_/). _ Cl

Guest Flyingdutchman

HI Ben,Yeah Ben, I agree with you I'm also very curious!!!I hope it will return very soon :-hah I really miss it:-waveEvert

Guest adria320

Yeah, will it be back soon? :-) I feel like I'm homeless :-(

I'll chime in here too!Being a spankin' new painter (just celebrated my one month anny), its painful not to have the SS forum I'm so comfortable with.As most of you know, I'm a refugee on Flightsim's forum (But its great over there too...don't take that the wrong way please), and would love to take my shots of my creations "back home" to the AVSIM SS forum!Hope to have a few more new 737's for you guys to post inargural screen shots at AVSIM when it reopens! :)Regards,Steve Drahttp://www.sgair.net/images/member_name_ba...steve_small.jpgDownload my repaints at:http://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...abek&CatID=Root

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guest HeavyFan

Yeah i am curious when it will be back up! I always scroll down the list to Pick the SS Forum, but it's never there! A Habit hard to break! LOL, I miss it! Any news guy's? MIKE-:)

Guest ben_hewitt

Come on AVSIM guys, please give us a clue as we are all dying to know!!

Guest Matt Johnson

We will consider the reintroduction of the Screenshot Forum at some point after our new Library Server is commissioned. This process involves us physically installing the server at our colocation facility, and then moving around 100GB of data between several of our servers. This will then allow the server you are currently using (which is right now serving both the Library and Forums) to be dedicated to the Forum system, which, we hope, will provide faster and more fluid access to the entire forum system.Watch the front page for news on the new server.

I can't believe that every small and big fs site has an SS forum and the big and mighty AVSIM cannot support one.I miss the SS forum sooooo much.Lets hope that it will come back soon.Cheers

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Matt,Will we be switching to the new DC Scripts forums? I kinda liked the new version.

Guest ben_hewitt

Thanks for the info on the SS forum, I'll keep looking out for it!

Guest Matt Johnson

A fair answer to that will be "We will see". Personally, I hope we will, since it will reduce administration and increase reliability.--M

Guest Matt Johnson

The fact is that AVSIM's forums are the busiest in the hobby, and, right now, we are finding that the forum software, while it has scaled reasonably, has been suffering growing pains in attempting to deal with the load. Given the amount of resources the Screenshot Forum uses, it was the logical candidate to remove until such time as we could support it properly.Note, I said "consider the reintroduction of the Screenshot Forum". That particular choice of words is deliberate.

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Thanks a lot Matt.

Guest Tim13

It would be a shame to not have the SS forum return. Just out of curiostity, why is the Avsim staff considering it's permanent removal?Tim13