Sign in to follow this  
crvm

Ariane Update Problem, Anyone Else Have It?

Guest HansGroenewold

Hello,I made the mistake of purchasing the Ariane 737 TCAS analogue panel as well as the visual model. I already know they have nothing in the way of documentation to download. The only thing they do have is in Word format, lot's of help that is. So now I go to the website to download an update that they now have available and I have another problem. I have tried downloading four different items from their web site and they are all the same file. They are either file 20 or 21, it makes no sense. If you download what they say is the update, the manual, or a repaint, it's the same damn file. What's up with that? Anyone else have this problem or am I losing my mind?Sincerely,Hans

Guest UweR

Hans, you have to log in to your account with your receipt numbers, you are supposed to find the files there. This info is written/hidden somewhere on the webpage.Regards, Uwe

>Hello, >>I made the mistake of purchasing the Ariane 737 TCAS >analogue panel as well as the visual model. Well IMHO I don't think you made a mistake, IMHO the Ariane models are some of the best GMAX planes out there. Now I can't speak on the panels. I have heard accounts of where people say it's hard to read the instrumentation etc. So now I go to the website to download an update >that they now have available and I have another problem. >Have you tried cantacting Ariane directly? arianestudios@aol.comI know I had a problem similar to yours when I was downloading the service pack it seemed as if nothing was updated, I had come to find that I wasn't even downloading the updated file! LOL! Well hope you can work things out.Pilot737

Guest HansGroenewold

Uwe,OK, I went to the web site, check out the choices in the screen shot. Am I to believe that the files listed on the left are now the updated files I'm asking about? They look like the same files I downloaded when I first installed the panel. I know I have the older version because I got it before the update was released. The updated version has a brass ring around the ASI button. When I went to download it anyway, I found out I already had those files, unless it's the updated one, but how can you tell? Maddening, isn't it? Thanks,Hans

Guest HansGroenewold

Toni,Thanks, I needed to hear that. I must say they reeled me in like a big flounder. The web site gives an unsuspecting person like myself the impression they really have their s%#@ together. I'm throwing in the towel on this and chalking it up to experience.Sincerely,Hans

There are TWO installers, one for the PANEL and one for the GAUGES.Best Wishes, Randy J. Smith[h5]San Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD XP 2100 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"