Sign in to follow this  
t_a_h

BIG Problem - ADVDisplay... Please Help!

Hi all, I have installed the latest of Pete Downsons ADVDisplay. Whenever I activate it and dock it somehwere within my 2D panel of any plane, I get a realy nice problem! The screen flickers as when it fold and unfolds itself, the mouse cursor becomes funny little and doubled and all my graphiccard gets confused. When I disable ADVDisplay, it is all ok. I have already installed many different nvidia drivers from www.guru3d, but that didnt help. I can remember the time when it was just functioning normal. I have a Epox 8k3a mainboard, AOpen GF4 4200 550MHz, 768 MB DDR 2100 and Windows XP Pro SP1. Do you need more info about my system? So, can you tell me what is going on? Can it be that it has something to do with latest windows update of Directx9 via automatic windows update function??? Some configuration I should better not have activated with RivaTuner2? I have installed the nvidia detonator driver 42.90 Regards,T-A-H MultiMedia Productionshttp://www.t-a-h.comt-a-h@t-a-h.comAMD TB 2400; Epox 8k3a+; 768MB 2100 DDR; Aopen GF4 4200 550MHz; CH-YOKE + Peddals; 17" Dell Monitor; WinXP Pro (German Version); FS2k2 pro (German Version)

Are you using the Windows Default pointer? Sometimes the other options will cause problems such as you've described.Trip

I always used the bronce 3d cursor pointer. But 'till a week ago I had none problems. But I got a power-loss so my PC shuted down and rebooted. Someone in this house runs a real big maschine or alike. In the nite we heated food in the microwave and as soon the micro got finished I experienced a powerloss. Windows Xp didnt liked that, but mostly my Graphic Card didnt like that. Since than I have this problem. I will check out about the pointer. But can it be as well some update I downloaded from microsoft.com?Regards,T-A-H MultiMedia Productionshttp://www.t-a-h.comt-a-h@t-a-h.comAMD TB 2400; Epox 8k3a+; 768MB 2100 DDR; Aopen GF4 4200 550MHz; CH-YOKE + Peddals; 17" Dell Monitor; WinXP Pro (German Version); FS2k2 pro (German Version)

If the pointer is the Windows Default (ck Control Panel/Mouse)you may want to go to Add Remove Programs, remove the Nvidia drivers (which wll uninstall the video adapter), let XP reinstall the 4200 with the default 29.58's on the reboot, and see if that improves anything. Also, I'd take the OC off the 4200 until the problem is cleared (set the clocks back to the default).Trip

Hi,I already did that. I removed every file what was related to nvidia out of my system32 folder, uninstalled the driver completely and reinstalled many different after and after again and again. Uninstalled, removed files and reinstalled. No way, that all didnt work at all. No matter what driver I use and all with default configuration and settings and NO OC at all, I get this problem. Now I changed the pointer. No use! As soon I activate the ADVDisplay, the screen flickers and get weard. After quitting FS2k2, it's all ok again.Now I will try and remove my fs2002.cfg and let FS2k2 build a new one. Than I'll add all in there, so all the third party addons will work again. mybe that'll solve the problem!Regards,T-A-H MultiMedia Productionshttp://www.t-a-h.comt-a-h@t-a-h.comAMD TB 2400; Epox 8k3a+; 768MB 2100 DDR; Aopen GF4 4200 550MHz; CH-YOKE + Peddals; 17" Dell Monitor; WinXP Pro (German Version); FS2k2 pro (German Version)

Now I removed all nvidia files and reinstalled the original Aopen driver. Ones in flight my PC just froze and rebooted. Somehow I have the feeling that my GraCa is somehow defect from these power loss I experienced a week ago. Or the mainboard is defect? I try some more settings and configurations. But maybe someone here knows why Windows behaves so strange when flying with FS2k2pro???PLEASE HELPRegards,T-A-H MultiMedia Productionshttp://www.t-a-h.comt-a-h@t-a-h.comAMD TB 2400; Epox 8k3a+; 768MB 2100 DDR; Aopen GF4 4200 550MHz; CH-YOKE + Peddals; 17" Dell Monitor; WinXP Pro (German Version); FS2k2 pro (German Version)