Sign in to follow this  
crvm

Can I use airfile and .cfg file from one aircraft to an

Hey Gang!Is it possible for me to utilize for example, the air file and .cfg file form Harrald's A-310-300 with Mike Stone's MD-11? I love this MD-11 but the flight characteristics are driving me nuts!!!! On approach, this bird is nose down all the way and if you bring the nose up just a bit, it climbs like a bat out of hell - it's very difficult to perform your approach with a nose up attitude, while declerating, maintaing altitude, or descending. It almost takes off like a B-52 - nose straight attitude while gaining altitude, and you can land and stop it in any aircraft carrier of your choice. That thing goes form 135 kts to 0 in less than 1000 ft.I thought that in the mean time, while either Mike or some of the flight dynamics gurus out there take a crack at this bird's performance, that I could use another air file and .cfg that I'd think closely matches the MD-11. I've never done this and before I mess stuff up with the simulator, I thought I'd ask.Thanks for any input!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Guest Bigshot

Yes, but you'll have to rename the airfile and keep the same aircraft cfg title section, contact points and lights sections. You can make a cessna fly like an F16 this way if you wanted to.

LOL! Yes I am able to do 30+ complete loops, infact I think I could have gone on with the loops forever! Note this is with crash detection on. Best Wishes, Randy J. Smith [h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD XP 2100 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"