Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fabio Miguez

Should I release this?

I have made the shots as small as possible, out of respect for the current bandwidth/screenshots issue. I hope I am allowed to keep the post, and I feel the shots help support it....Here goes...For the past two weeks, I've worked on my first FSDS 2 project--an aircraft quite similar to the Rans 12XL--my vision of something that will become common if the Sport Pilot certification becomes reality. I'm now at a crossroads--release what I have, or slow down and release it in several months (time constraints outside of the hobby keep me from working on it any more). For a freeware aircraft, it's pretty basic--no virtual panel, although I do have dynamic wing views. The panel is fairly basic as well (small shot shown), but I wanted something that would be likely found if such an aircraft were produced. Other than that, the aircraft is fully animated--rolling wheels, turning nosewheel, ailerons, prop, etc....Would anyone be interested in something like this? I built the FDE off of the 172, but have tweaked it heavily. I'm quite happy with it.... I wanted to gauge the response before I go through the effort of packaging and uploading it....Thoughts?-JohnNote--you can follow the devel of this a/c in my "FSDS 2 Fun" thread in the A/C design forum...

Guest panzerschiffe

If you're satisfied with it, why not? In the end you only have to satisfy yourself, the most accurate and scathing critic!

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey John.I know my vote only counts as a half one, 'cause I've been encouraging you on the A/C and Panels Designer Forum, but here it is again: Heck yeah!And by the way, send me an e-mail to miguez@virtualwideroe.com I think I can help you out on something here...