Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fabio Miguez

1 more VOR question

say my flightplan is this.KORD-KLGA B722/MN0458F330 DCT GIJ J146 ETG MIP3After takeoff, proceed direct to GIJ (115.4) when cleared by the ATC.Proceed on radial 089 outbound GIJ (115.4) till 124 dme.Then fly radial 284 inbound to CXR (112.7) and radial 102 outbound.After

No you have to go all the way around to the other side and fly back the way you came......##### ? Think of it this way, no matter outbound or inbound the radial is still the same. You can fly the 284 radial on an inbound course of 104 or an outbound course of 284, either way it's the 284 radial. The 104 radial is on the other side of the VOR, but again can of course(pun intended ha ha ha) be flown the same way.

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hello Adam.Yes, you always want to fly a TO indication if inbound to a VOR, so in both cases you mentioned, you would set the VOR Course to the reciprocal of the radial given, so the first one (into CXR) would be 104

im only 14 Brian and i just started flightsimming with addone aircraft both payware late August. and the freeware fly using the same systems as the the actual planes. so before i started coming to flightsim forums and buying payware aircraft(i have 3, 767pic,pssa320,andcapsim727) i had no clue ther wher such things as MCDUs and FMCs and thaught that actual airliners wher flown like the default planes, wher the pilot just looks at his GPS and uses the autopilot to turn the plane acording to the GPS line. so thank you Fabio for the help.Adam

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Adam.No sweat, and I am sure Brian doesn't mean it in a bad way, it is just that when something becomes almost second nature to you, you assume that everyone else is the same.Don't be afraid to post any more questions you may have, we will all be glad to assist you.