Sign in to follow this  
SteveLewis

Reflective Textures

I've got a problem. Whenever I fly over the ocean or Gulf of Mexico and have Reflective or Detailed & Reflective textures selected on my display menu, I get large squares of light blue texture intermixed with the dark blue textures. I get no reflections at all. This started when I downloaded some new ocean textures several months ago. I downloaded a complete new set of textures yesterday onto my new computer and I still have the problem. Any ideas what textures I'm missing? Any help will be aappreciated.Thanks.Steve

If you have a GeForce 4 MX card, download and install gf4mxdsp.zip from the library here or at FLIGHTSIM.

My new card is a MSI Ti4200-VTD8X (G4Ti4200-8X,AGP8X,128M,DDR,DVI-I).I had this same problem with my AMD900 and GF2 (Hercules 3D Prophet II MX) before. So I don't think it's the video card. Maybe my .cfg settings?

My advice is still the same as above. I won't guaranty that it fixes your problem but can't hurt:;----------------------------------------------------------------------; GeForce3/4;----------------------------------------------------------------------;NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X&l;000010DE:00000281&r;DriverValidate2=1

Thanks! I assume that I copy the above into my Display.cfg text. Correct? I'll give it a try (backing up the original, of course).Steve