Sign in to follow this  
scott967

FS2002 ATC AI help

Hello, I need help on two accounts with dealing with ATC. I've been trying to add WestJet flightplans to FS2002 and have come across two problems. 1st, ATC will not say WestJet 202 to refer to a flight, but simply ,202, How can I make ATC actually say WestJet. 2nd, ATC refers to the 737-700 I loaded as an experimental. How can I change it so it refers to the WestJet planes as a Boeing 737?Thanks for the help

Hi there,For your first issue, you need a program called Edit Voice Pack. You can get this from the avsim or flightsim.com library. Just unzip it and run the program. When it loads up, make sure both 'custom modifications' and 'standard modifications' are checked in the left column. Then go to file-update voicepack. That's all!For the second issue, go to C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002 and open the program 'FSEDIT'. Click the 'open' button on the menu bar and find and double click the aircraft. Then go down to the ATC information drop down box and choose "Boeing Aircraft" for the first box and "B737" for the second box.That's it, hope it helpsMarchttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Ahh thanks for the help. Hopefully this works things out

Another question hopefully you can answer. I'd like ATC to identify the airport by its name instead of its identifier. Can this be done?

I'm pretty sure if you look in the file areas of either avsim, flightsim.com, or project ai some people have voice edits for Edit Voice Pack that make some airport names spoken. Also, you can play around with Edit Voice Pack yourself I believe, but I couldn't figure it out... :-) Anyway, perhaps somebody who has done it can chime in on this one.For now, I'd look for downloads.Cheers,Marchttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

I think for getting ATC to call the aircraft Boeing 737-700 instead of experimental, just go to the aircraft.cfg file of the aircraft that you want to make say 737-700, and under Genaral (I think it is that heading), look at aircraft type and type in Boeing 737-700. Try that, need anymore help just ask.Hope that helps,Aer Solas MOS.

Edit voice pack lets you create new words by combining parts of the exisitng words. It needs to be done for each of the voices. The simplicity depends on how complex your new word(s) are. Something like "southwest" is easy since you just combine "south" and "west". I turned on the ATC for Kapalua - West Maui Airport (JHM) but gave up trying to get a voice that sounded decent for it.scott s..