Sign in to follow this  

Force Feedback and FS 2002

For the people who have Microsoft Force Feedback 2 joystick and FS 2002, I want to know how happy you are?What can you feel out of it?I have a CH Yoke and I am re-considering buying the Force Feedback because I want to feel like I am actually flying.Thanks,Brian

Not at all happy. For GA aircraft, the forces on the stick don't feel anything like you are actually flying. Unless perhaps you were flying an aircraft where the control linkages had been cut - but hopefully you'd notice that before you started your takeoff roll.Nick.

I had one and took it back...It just didn't do anything for me that was worth the price.Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

Guest Bigshot

I've had the MSFFB1 and the MSFFB2. Both great sticks. I like the #2 better. Especially with smaller aircraft that are designed by someone with a FFB stick. I wouldn't even think about using a non-FFB stick. I've flown a real older cessna and the FFB inputs between that real one and a good FFB stick are similar. Discounting the fact the real one had a yoke of course. The MSFFB sticks are totally worthless though with FS2k2 helicopters. They just flop back and forth with no forces and nobody seems interested in designing one with forces. Maybe, one day; I'll have to figure it out. I say get one where you can return it and try it out.

Guest Stompy

I've had a FFB1 for years now and while I love the stick, and even the force feedback, I almost never use it for FS. For the planes, I always prefer to use my yoke. I'd rather have the throttle levers and gear/flap switches than force feedback and a bunch of buttons. As for the feedback, it's okay, but like the other person said it's useless for the choppers. And rolling down the runway in a plane is actually punishing because the forces are so hard. You can turn those off, I believe, but like I said I prefer the yoke. The only other time I use the stick is when I'm flying something that actually uses a stick like a fighter or acro plane. The main reason I do that is so I don't yank the yoke and break something. :-) It's a great stick, and I've always wanted to upgrade to the new model, but I'll stick to the yoke for flying.

Guest Bigshot

Stompy; The FFB effects on the ground can be easily corrected by just swapping out the FFB section in the aircraft cfg file. Just find a plane that rolls nice with good ffb ground effects and swap that section out. I find that I have to do that often; because the designer apparently never had a FFB stick and would't know about the problem.

I wore out my FFB 1 and bought number 2, and I am happy with it. You will never get the total sensation of real flight from a sim unless you spend thousands of dollars like the airlines do to train their pilots. But for what it is worth I like it a lot. Try it out, ask your store about their return policies and give it a shot. Never purchase from anyone that has no return policy or a restocking fee. I think these are rip offs, why pay for something if you are not using it.

Hi Brian:I have just purchased MSFFB2 and I am fairly happy with it. I seldom use it to fly in FS2002. For that I use the PFC yoke and controls. However, once in a while I like to fly planes that have a stick instead of a yoke and for those occasions FFB is great. If you plan to purchase it, you should know that Amazon sells it for 59.95 and there's even a $20.00 mail-in rebate copupon which will bring the total to 39.95. You can't beat that price. Good luck.Hope this helps.Gianluca

Guest Stompy

Hey, thanks for the tip! I never thought of that. Say, is this tidbit in the tips and tricks forum? *nudge, nudge, ;-), ;-) *