Sign in to follow this  
blave

Adding the World Trade Center.

Guest FPSFREAK

As a resident of New York I think it would be nice to add the WTC back into the skyline. My uncle was an Iron worker on the towers and having visited them on more than 15 occassions I miss them. Is there a way to add them back in?. I DL one file from here that was supposed to do it but know matter what I do they do not show up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks Bobby

G'day Bobby,There are a number of different versions of the WTC available. One that has collision detection removed, one that has the helipad functional and one that is the 'memorial towers of light'. I ahve tried each of these versions and all worked OK for me. You seem to have downloaded one of these and have been unable to get it show? Maybe you haven't installed it correctly, (sorry, I don't know how experienced you are with scenery)Perhaps you could let us know the file you have downloaded and how you installed it.CheersMark Underwood(Adelaide, Australia)

Guest FPSFREAK

Mark, I have DL and tried to install the one w the Collision detection. I followed the instructions that were included. I installed the BGL file to FS2K2Scenedbcitiesnewyorkscenery as instructed and copied the BMP's to the FS2K2Scenedbcitiesnewyorktextures folder. I think I see a new building added but it looks nothing like the WTC. Am i doing something wrong or should I try another version.Thanks for the help !Bobby

Strange things where you talking about.I have the Twin Towers on my original FS2002 Pro installation CD.It might be produced before 9-11.Cees

do you know the file name and location of the version that has the helipad?thx,Dave Blevins

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack