Sign in to follow this  
Flyer Ken

Will Be Enough?

Guest touradg morassaei

Hi FriendsI decided to buy new Video card GForth Ti 4800 128mb Ram.will it be enough for fs2004?

Guest PaulL01

>Hi Friends >I decided to buy new Video card GForth Ti 4800 128mb >Ram.will it be enough for fs2004? Not really Touradg, If you are looking for a bargain go with the GF4TI4200/ second up and better the ATI-9500Pro series all out gotta have it right now ...ATI9700pro willing to wait for the best..ATI9800 pro and by all looks finally what might be even better the NV35 (GFFX6000?) :) with 256 bit memory +.Both will be hitting retail 2nd qrtr 03.The GF4TI will do fine until you turn on Antialiasing to get rid of the

Guest touradg morassaei

Thanks for replyyou changed my idea about gforth!thank you

Guest kurtj

I have a Dell Dimension 8200 series with 2.4ghz chip.WinXP Pro120gig Hard d.64 Meg G-Force 3 Ti-500 video cardHow will fs2004 perform on my machine. What videocard would you recommend me to upgrade going through Dell if it isn't going to run properly. Fs2002 works very good most of the time on my machine except for those few occasions when I get the send don't send to microsoft usually nt.dll or facilities.dll when I am using the map view to click on an airport or scroll up, down side to side in the map. Nt.dll usually occurs very occasionally but it seems to happen when I am changing the weather, or changing views out of my cockpit. I sure hope after sending the error reports that I have had in the past will help fs2004 not to cause these mind boggling errors that just come out of the blue. Any info on the videocard and my pc specs regarding fs2004 and the nt.dll or facilities.dll errors, that would be appreciated.Thank You,Kurt.

Guest Jimbofly

I'm sorry to say this but it's silly to buy a GeForce Ti4800 when it costs the same as a Radeon 9700 but the 9700 is MUCH faster, MUCH better, and is fully DX9 compliant.If I was you I'd return the GeForce4 and get a Radeon 9700 (NOT Pro), then overclock the 9700 to the same level as a 9700 PRO, and you've basically got the best card on the planet!btw the 9700 costs roughly the same as the GF4 Ti 4800, but is clearly superior, regardless of what other people, especially salespeople, tell you.James

Hey James, have you tried overclocking a 9700 non-pro? If so is it worth the effort and risk? I've got a 9700 np, and I'm pretty happy with it as it is.