Sign in to follow this  
Guest w2sjw

Need basic graphics help

Guest w2sjw

I am looking for some graphics set-up info from those that are much more involved with getting the most out of FS2002 than I have been able to. My system specs are as follows, with two quick screen shots to show my sim-settings. I would like honest input about what I've got set too high or low, and what might be some things I'm missing. Right now, my cockpit fps is about 18, with my 'fly-by' view gives me anywhere from 28 to 35 fps.Athlon 2200+1024 MB PC2100LeadTek A250TD GF4Ti 4600Nvidia 40.72 DriversDirectX 8.1Game run in 1280x1024x32 at 75 Hz refresh (Leadtek said to run this board at 85 Hz)Anti-aliasing set at 4xS in the display control center.Any and all help is always appreciatedScott

Guest Vulcho

Lower your target Frames to 20-24 and lower your resolution to 1152x864x32 See how you like that resolution. If you don't, change it step by step. See how that affects your blurries and overall texture and performacnce.How many frames do you get right now?Alex.AlexNatchev@Yahoo.comERROR:Banner is 6.6KB, 15 pixels (width) above limit. Cannot Display!

Guest w2sjw

My system actually performed worse when I was set at 1152x864x32. I couldn't get my outside fly-by shots out of the mid 20's. I get 28-35 fps on outside shot 3 & 4, and about 16-18 fps on panel shot #1Scott

Guest Vulcho

How are the blurries on your machine?If you lower your target frames to something like 20, and you go fly between the Swiss alps, do you get less blurries or is there no impact?They say that the lower the taget frames, the more FS can focus on other things-mainly textures.Alex.AlexNatchev@Yahoo.comERROR:Banner is 6.6KB, 15 pixels (width) above limit. Cannot Display!

Guest w2sjw

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I get them some times as I switch views in active-camera on fly-by shot #3 (if it's switching from left to right camera placement, etc..)Scott

Hello,I run XP SP1 pro, P4 2,4 , GF4 TI4600, same resolution but 85Khz, but 41.09 drive, all settings to max and I have the same FPS and it is great since I did "play" with RivaTunerwww.guru3D.Com/rivatunerand http://www.kakaru.rdslink.ro/DetonatorXPIn.../DetXPGuide.htmNow I have a clear image with a great fluidity, in my opinion there is no need to have more FPS . BTW set your visibility to max 60 miles.I hope it helpsEmileEBBR Belgium

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Guest SlimDady

>Lower your target Frames to 20-24 and lower your resolution >to 1152x864x32 See how you like that resolution. If you >don't, change it step by step. See how that affects your >blurries and overall texture and performacnce. >>How many frames do you get right now? >>>Alex. >AlexNatchev@Yahoo.com >>>ERROR: >Banner is 6.6KB, 15 pixels (width) above limit. Cannot >Display! On my pc rez harld seems to make a difference.. so I run at 1280

Guest FPSFREAK

Try lowering your Target Frame rate to 25. Lower your lights to 6. Lower your cloud density to somewhere around 60-70. Are you using an LCD??. Doesnt make sense that a higher resolution would give you better frame rates. Try lowering your Res. to 1024x768x32 w the settings above.Bobby

Guest w2sjw

I'm using a 19" CRT here. I lowered my fps limit to 25, and the blurries did disappear for me. I'll back down my view limit, and see what that does for me as well. I actually saw a decrease in performance with the 41 series nVidia drivers. I'm a little leary about putting them back on this machine.ScottP.S. - The guys at Train-Sim last year where always telling me to raise my resolution to as high as my hardware could support...

Guest ba747heavy

Scott--Go to www.guru3d.com and download the 43.00 drivers, they are *very* nice.Fred Clausen

Scott,Additional changes that should help would be:1. Set Maximum Visibility to 20-30 miles. Much more realistic in the real world as well.2. Reduce your cloud density down to 1/3rd or 1/2 slider. It will cause your CPU to work less here and be available to work harder elsewhere. It won't affect your cloud density or realism.3. Set resolution down to 1280x960. You will see the sam quality but allows your graphics card to work less hard and more effeciently.4. Set target frame rates to 20-25. This also will allow your CPU to work much more effeciently with the best frame rates it can produce.You can fiddle with these target rates within 5-15fps to find a 'sweet spot', but if you looking for any visual improvements over 15-20fps that your eyes can discern, your just 'chasing your tail'.Trying to achive extreme frame rates in FS2002 has become an obsession for many users, and is just not realistic. There is only so much frame per second display rate the human eye can utilize effectively, the rest is just more harware work on your computer.IMHO...

Guest w2sjw

Thanks you all for your help - I've downloaded the new drivers, and I'm going to install them soon. Anybody have any experience with CFS3 ? That sim is a TOTAL hog, it stutters so much, I can't stand it!!! (I'm even using the no-cd patch). I just installed CFS2 today, and I am applying the same tips to you all have stated here. Looks like I'll be flying the Pacific instead of Europe!!ScottP.s. - You guys where right - 25 fps still looks like seamless full-motion video here on my system...