Sign in to follow this  
Guest craigjjs

Crash to Desktop (Vista)

Guest craigjjs

I am running FSX on a Vista system. I installed it. Changed the joystick assignments in the Start Center. Loaded FSX. When I selected the A320, it first asked permission to run FS2crew (as normal), answered 'yes', then it asked whether to trust the FS2Crew (as normal), answered'yes'. It then locked up and gave a message saying "Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working" and gave options to check online for a solution to the problem or close the program." Every time I tried after the first time, it crashed in this manner every time I selected the A320 (any livery). I rebooted, restored the joystick default settings in the Start Center, no help.Here is the detailed problem displayed from the error message:Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BEX Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61355.0 Application Timestamp: 4643ee0a Fault Module Name: StackHash_16cd Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Offset: 14730000 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Data: 00000008 OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 16cd Additional Information 2: 64cdce299c5ccd93fc7b1620a4ffa342 Additional Information 3: 1b0d Additional Information 4: ea44cc15dda21fc55566b638cd6bd10eRead our privacy statement: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409 I tried to turn off DEP for FSX, but Vista would not let me.Sorry to be the first guy with a problem.Craig

Hi Craig,How are you getting the FeelThere A320 itself to run in Vista? Based on what I've read from the FeelThere Support Forum, a lot of users seems to have CTD's and other weird issues with Vista and the FeelThere A320.Regardless, you've got mail. Talk to you soon,Bryan

Also, try turning of DEP "Data Execute Protection" in Vista.I know you said you couldn't turn off DEP for some reason, but try this:http://vista.beyondthemanual.com/2006/11/v...ata_execut.htmlHaving DEP enabled can often cause legitimate programs not to run.The joys of Vista!Cheers,Bryan

Guest craigjjs

I was not having this problem with FT A320 alone. I experienced a DEP problem with Orlando Airport scenery and elected not to buy the scenery as a result. I do have other Vista problems with FT A320 that don't affect FS2Crew.I resolved the problem by turning off DEP for the system using the procedure you referenced. It is supposed to be possible to designate individual applications that DEP is turned off for leaving it operating for everything else. For some reason, Vista will not let you designate FSX as an application with DEP turned off. The only way to turn it off for FSX is to turn it off for everything, which I hated to do. It was worth it for FS2Crew. Finished my first flight. I love it. I only bought FT A320 because I knew FS2Crew was coming and did not want to wait for PMDG and LevelD FSX aircraft. Turns out I really enjoy the A320 and love it with FS2Crew. Thanks for yet another great addon.Craig