Sign in to follow this  
Guest av8rkid

Doors Won't Shut

Guest av8rkid

Hello,I've tried to do two flights so far, but the doors are not shutting at the 2 minute mark. Am I missing something simple? I've run through the checklists just as the tutorial says. I'm running FS9 with AS6, Radar Contact, and FS Passengers. I'm thinking maybe FS Passengers messing with the doors is affecting it. Anyone else running into this issue?Thank you,Joe

Guest av8rkid

Hi Bryan,I can't find that option in FS Passengers. I already looked there. I have one more idea I'm going to try out. I'll let you know if it works! Thanks for the quick reply btw! I have FS2Crew for the 737 and 767 and was stoked to find out this was released!Joe

Guest av8rkid

Success!!I loaded FS Passengers immediately instead of them taking their sweet time getting on the plane leaving it no option to mess with the doors. Now time to go flying :)Are you going to be making this one compatible or make another version for the 319 and 321?Thanks again!Joe

Hi Joe,I'm trying to update my website, but due to a technical issue with my web host I'm unable to update the FS2Crew website to show the release. My web host is working on it and hopefully I'll be able to refresh my web site soon.A319 and A321: Yes, it'll work. It's just a simple matter of adding the FS2Crew gauges files to their panel.cfg's.However, I want the "dust to settle" before releasing those panel.cfg for the A318, A319 and A321 models.All the same, if you have panel.cfg know-how, you could do it yourself or you can wait another couple days.Cheers,Bryan

Hi,I use FSPax as well - I just disabled FSPax to handle the doors. Well, as soon as FSCrew handles to shut the doors (befor I had the doors open by my self) FSCREW closed the left side doors but as well opens the right side doors with the cargo doors. They cannot be closed again by Shift+E+2 or any other Shift+E+xx key!What can I do to close these doows????_______________________Regards, Torben HadlerBeta-Tester ACLoader 3 + 4http://www.fsflightdeck.com/acloader.htmlT-A-H MultiMedia Productions Torben Hadler - http://www.t-a-h.com || t-a-h@t-a-h.comHardware: CPU: AMD 64 4000 | MoBo: MSI K8N Neo2 64 | RAM: 1024MB 400MHz DDR | MSI NVIDIA GF6200 | Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS | CH-YOKE + Peddals; Primary: 17" Belinea TFT * Secondary: Philips 150S4 TFT 15" || Software: Display Resolution used: 1280x1024 in WinXP and FS9.1 | WinXP Pro SP1b (German Version); DX9c | FS9.1 pro (German Versions) - all sliders maxed about 80-95% | ever latest FSUIPC licenced | AS2004 | Alert!! pro | UT 2004 | RC4.x | FSBuild 2 | ACLoader 4.2 | FS Panel Studio | AFCAD 2.2.1 and much more...

Torben,Doing SHIFT+E+2 by hand is tricky. For some reason, FS often does not detect the user's keypress. This subject has been discussed extensively on various 3rd party aircraft forums when people had trouble opening doors using the keyboard.The easiest solution to the doors is this:1. Before running the Pre-Flight events (if you choose to run that section), make sure the doors are "closed" (main exit and cargo).2. Never touch the doors again as FS2Crew handles them.3. If the doors are not in the expected position, you can throw the door opening/closing logic out of sequence.Cheers,Bryan

Bryan,I don't use FSPassengers, and I'm experiencing the same thing. Nope, I haven't opened any doors when I start my preflight with FS2Crew...I'm letting FS2Crew handle the doors for me.Anything else that might be causing this?

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Hi Kurt,Tough to say.If you run the pre-flight events, the doors will open when you press 'Start' and they will close around the plus 2 minute mark.Am not sure what could cause the interference on your end as I've tested it a million times and the beta team had no problems with the doors.I'll see if I can think of something.Cheers,Bryan

Bryan,I'm sure it's something local...I may be doing something unexpected, or not doing something expected. Another possible symptom: at the plus five minute mark, the FA comes in and asks to close the doors. I listen for the "FA's prepare for departure" call on the PA system and then make the welcome announcement. After that, the timer goes to zero and the right side doors (cabin and cargo) stay open.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Hi Kurt,You mean it skips directly from 5 minutes to 0 minutes? The timer needs to read plus "2" minutes in order for the outer doors to close. That's the trigger.Are you going easy on the Fast Forward button? It's best to pause a moment or two between each click of the fast forward button.That's my initial guess.Note: You can also run FS2Crew without running the Pre Flight events if you just want to start flying right away. Just setup the overhead and run the Before Start Checklist.Cheers,Bryan

Bryan,Yep, that's what I'm saying. I have hit the fast forward, but I don't think I'm clicking too fast. I'll play with it more and let you know.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Bryan,It wasn't SB....it may have been RCv4, which also uses the 2 key at times, the way I have it set up.In any case, I had a great flight from KSAN to KSFO last night. The doors worked perfectly, as did everything else. I've made a few flights in the Airbus without FS2Crew (I bought the Airbus because you'd released this version of FS2Crew), and the difference is amazing...the sim feels empty without it.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Kurt,Glad to hear you're liking the A320 version.It's fairly different from the other FS2Crew versions I think.Let me know if you were able to isolate what was causing the outer door not to close.I'm glad you got that resolved.Cheers,Bryan