Sign in to follow this  
MrArcticus

A320 CFM has always full right rudder with FS2Crew

Hi,when I use FS2Crew with the A320 CFM the rudder is always full to right. When I touch the controls the rudder will react as desired. But after half a second or so the rudder will go full to right.This effect is only on CFM version. The IAE version is correct and brings fun...What's going wrong with the CFM?Best regardsKarsten Pohl

Hi Bryan,thanks for the immediate reply.If I switch back to the original panel.cfg of the CFM-version of A320 everything is back to normal - also the rudder.If I use the panel.cfg with the fs2crew gauges inside the rudder deflects to full right again...Joystick is calibrated (already checked).By the way: FS2004 (9.1) and Airbus Vol.1 SP2a.Best regardsKarsten Pohl

Hi Bryan,that's really strange...The problem is existing with the A320 CFM in Aeroflot colours only.My setup: A320 CFM in Housecolours(Standard), Lufthansa and Aeroflot (both from www.wilcopub.com).My aircraft.cfg as follows:-----------------------------------------// feelThere A320 CFM[fltsim.0]title=Feelthere A320 CFM Airbus Housesim=FeelThere_A320CFMsound=model=texture=HOUSEatc_airline=AIRBUSpanel=checklists=atc_id=FGYWWatc_flight_number=320atc_heavy=0ui_manufacturer=feelThere/Wilco Airbus Series Vol 1ui_type=A320 CFMui_variation=Airbus Housevisual_damage=1description=Airbus Series Vol.1nDeveloped by www.feelThere.com nPublished by Wilco Publishing www.wilcopub.comnnSupport at www.feelthere.com - www.wilcopub.com... all the other stuff ...[fltsim.1]title=Feelthere A320 CFM Lufthansasim=FeelThere_A320CFMmodel=panel=sound=texture=DLHkb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=DYWWHatc_id_color=atc_parking_types=ui_manufacturer=feelThere/Wilco Airbus Series Vol 1ui_type=A320 CFMui_variation=Lufthansadescription=Airbus Series Vol.1nDeveloped by www.feelThere.com nPublished by Wilco Publishing www.wilcopub.comnnSupport at www.feelthere.com - www.wilcopub.comui_typerole=ui_createdby=atc_heavy=0atc_airline=Lufthansaatc_flight_number=147visual_damage=1[fltsim.2]title=Feelthere A320 CFM Aeroflotsim=FeelThere_A320CFMmodel=panel=sound=texture=AFLkb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=RAHZGatc_id_color=atc_parking_types=ui_manufacturer=feelThere/Wilco Airbus Series Vol 1ui_type=A320 CFMui_variation=Aeroflotdescription=Airbus Series Vol.1nDeveloped by www.feelThere.com nPublished by Wilco Publishing www.wilcopub.comnnSupport at www.feelthere.com - www.wilcopub.comui_typerole=ui_createdby=atc_heavy=0atc_airline=AEROFLOTatc_flight_number=1123visual_damage=1-----------------------------------------The one in House colours and the Lufthansa are working with FS2Crew, the Aeroflot is not working. I switched over from one aircraft to another many times and restarts the FS many times - everytime the same result: As soon as I load the Aeroflot - rudder goes to full right deflection.Maybe it is possible for you to reproduce this because all the paints are from Wilco...Best regardsKarsten Pohl

Hi Karsten,Thanks for isolating that down to the Aeroflot model.Just when I thought I had a perfect release, too!After checking my code, there is a bug in the FS2Crew code that affects the Aeroflot model only.Until I release an update, do not use the Aeroflot model.Thank you for pointing this out.Cheers,Bryan

Hi Bryan,thanks for your immediate support :-)To release a 100% bug-free software for the MSFS with its thounds of different configurations any thousands of different hardware setups is nearly impossible. In the past I had this experience with an utility written for our virtual airline. I had some beta-testers and a three month test period with many bug fixes. Everything was all right after this three month. It took another three month after the official release to calm down all the queries caused by problems with different setups of MSFS...But I have one question more: Because the difference of the Aeroflot model to the other models is the entry in aircraft.cfg and the textures (as far as I know) - where is the source of the problem? Is it a setting in aircraft.cfg that is not compatible with FS2Crew?I understand that you pick up some values of the aircraft.cfg (e.g. the callsign). But changing the callsign has no impact on the behaviour of the Aeroflot model...I'm asking because I'm just creating a bunch of repaints for the Airbus and I don't like to make these repaints not working with FS2Crew - although you mentioned to release a patch later on.Best regardsKarsten Pohl

Hi Karsten,It has nothing to do with the models themselves..It was just a piece of test code that I forgot to comment out. My bad :-) It's internal to FS2Crew and only affects the Aeroflot model. I'll leave the explanation there lest I bore you all...Edit: Okay, I'll bore you all.I forgot to comment out the test...//a320 modelsif( strcmp( atc_airline, "AEROFLOT" ) == 0 ){ trigger_key_event (KEY_RUDDER_RIGHT,0) ; } // testif( strcmp( atc_airline, "AEROFLOT" ) == 0 ){xairline = 1 ; } if( strcmp( atc_airline, "AIR FRANCE" ) == 0 ){xairline = 2 ; }Cheers,Bryan

Hi Bryan,I'm not bored because you gave a temporary solution: I will change the atc_airline from AEROFLOT to something else. This will probably have no effect because I'm not using FS-ATC but something else.Of course if using FS-ATC and want to be called AEROFLOT by the controllers you are lost.I will try the workaround this evening (around 19:00 UTC).Many thanks for help!!! :-)Best regardsKarsten Pohl

Hi Bryan,better to have Airbus as the callsign then driving circles on the apron or crashing during takeoff :-wink2Nevertheless will you release a patch later on?GreetingsKarsten

Karsten,I'll release an update. I'll give it some more time though.Right now this is the only known (reproducible) bug. I'll give it some more time to see if any other bugs pop up.I hate to release a patch that only fixes one tiny issue.Cheers,Bryan