Sign in to follow this  
BertW

Tutorial and MCDU programming

Bryan,I just bought the CD version of the Airbus Series and your FS2Crew add-on.When following your tutorial I seem to have a problem when I program the KSFO Porte Three departure in the MCDU.I expected of course to see the departure according to the route description, but the first fix (after the runway heading fix) is WAGES!Do you have any ideas what is causing this? Do I need an updated version of the FMC database for this to work?Cheers,Bert

Hi Bryan,I know that the nav database is not your responsibility. I thought that you should confirm that this scenario should work with the original nav database, and that the reason for this problem must be something else.I just could not believe that Wilco/Feelthere released the Airbus with a nav database that did not work.I realise that I can bye updated databases from Navigraph, but will that cure this problem? Perhaps someone who uses their latest database can confirm.Cheers,Bert

Hi,No one here seems to have an updated Navigraph database. I searched the Feelthere support forum and I realize that the database was originally developed for other Feelthere aircrafts and the procedures (SIDs/STARs) do not seem to work for the Airbus series.I also noticed that Navigraph has now withdrawn their FMS Data service for the Wilco/Feelthere Airbus series.However, if you like me need the SIDs and STARs for online flying there is a workaround. If you use a flight-planning program, which has procedures and an export facility to FS9 (like FS Navigator or FlightSim Commander), you can then import the FS flightplan to the Airbus via the MCDU data page. Cheers,Bert