Sign in to follow this  
Jure

Crash with FS2Crew and FT A3xx at LOWW

Hi Bryan,I am having a very strange situation indeed...- Aircraft FT A319 or A318- Location: Vienna, Flytampa LOWW airport- Weather: Storms- Addons: Aerosoft AES, FE, GEPro II, HiFi ASV6.5 (weather set through it), Track IR, FS2Crew Airbus editionFS9 crashes under these conditions, faulty modules reported acrew1.gau; sometimes also fe.dll or g2d.dll.It all started a week or so ago as I was looking for some stormy weather. Found it at LOWW (using ASV6) and parked my Austrian A319 at Gate 35. After the weather settled down, my screen went all strange and FS9 crashed with the usual notice. I experimented some more and found out that any hint of stormy weather crashes FS9 when in FT Airbus and at Vienna! Now, I am flying to and from Flytampa Vienna a lot, according to FSFK I made 77 flights to and from LOWW and these crashes only began recently after I purchased FS2Crew for the Airbus. And only at LOWW!!I have a saved situation, some 7NM from rwy 29, in heavy weather.METAR: LOWW 211520Z 29032G50KT 2000 +TSRA FEW060 SCT060CB BKN300 21/18 Q1007 WS ALL RWY BECMG FM1545 30025G35KT 9999 -SHRA (this is real METAR from the other day, but any other "stormy" METAR will do)Anyway, between 5 and 3NM from the rwy, FS9 will crash. Always with the Airbus and FS2Crew, never with any other aircraft. LOL, I know all this is very weird and I am not really expecting a solution from you just like that. I tried replacing cloud textures, reinstalling FlyTampa LOWW, checking other things - all to no avail. I am writing this here only because I am 95% sure that these crashes started with me installing FS2Crew (which I love to pieces) Bryan, if you (or anyone else for that matter) has FlyTampa LOWW and is willing to try these conditions, I'd be grateful. As I said, I am not really expecting a solution, but one never knows.... EDIT: Forgot to add -- All is fine in fine weather!! No crash! Go figure!!Thanks for listening. :)Regards,Jure

Jure,I'm glad to hear you love FS2Crew to pieces :-)Thanks for the report.However, I have no idea why this would happen "only" in stormy weather at LOWW.That's truly bizarre.We'll see if it happens with any other LOWW users to rule out that it's something local on your machine.Cheers,Bryan

Bryan,ya, FS2Crew is truly brilliant and combined with the visuals by AES, it gives me that warm fuzzy feeling I haven't felt for a long time. I only wish I had more time to fly these days! B767, B747, ATR.... when will I have the time for those? :)I've a question: if I use the original panel.cfg file(s) for the Airbus, would FS2Crew still be running? My guess is not, if FS2Crew are "only" .gau files? I'd like to test this truly weird crash situation some more without uninstalling FS2Crew. And possibly eliminate elements one by one until I get to the bottom of this.Thanks! :)Jure

Hi Jure,If, via the FS2Crew Start Center, you revert to the original panel.cfg, FS2Crew does not load.You're right: FS2Crew consists of gauge files that only get loaded via the panel.cfg.So it's easy to test your situation.Cheers,Bryan

Thanks Bryan!I made some tests with the original panel.cfg and FS9 crashed again. It is definitely NOT FS2Crew's fault! So much for "useful" information in Win Event Viewer pointing it's electronic finger at Acrew1.gau. I decided to run Filemon while going through the same scenario once more and at the moment of the crash FS9 called for Dxdiag!! I have a corrupt texture somewhere...Now I feel bad bringing this up. FS2Crew is working flawlessly!Jure

Just to confirm, I flew about 13 flights in and out of Flytampa LOWW in different weather conditions during the FS2Crew beta without issue.EDIT: Oops! Apparently I can't read. I see now that the problem is resolved. :-)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg