Sign in to follow this  
Guest airx3000

A320 small problems

Guest airx3000

Hi,A few question ?- Why isn t it possible to push back more than 23 metres as in otherFS2crew products ?- After telling the ground crew to disconnect the FO put the spoiler to ARMED. But when starting the Afterstart checklist the Spoilers are going bach to the RET position....- Spoiler won't extend after landing . It is going from the ARMED to the RET position only. And FO says that Spoiler didn t extend.

Hi,P/B: I capped it in an effort to prevent users from setting the pushback distance to very high values (resulting in them pushing back halfway across the airport then emailing me about it :-) ).Spoiler: Note sure. Can anyone else reproduce that?Cheers,Bryan

Guest jch5pilot

Hello,I often find that 23 metres is insufficient at some locations, is it possible to increase the selectable push back distance to say 30 or so in any of the files?I must admit, the thought of someone pushing back across the whole of the airport is quite amusing! Must be easily done though for someone who is use to different measurements. :D In response to the first post, I also have the problem with the spoilers dis-arming themselfs when I call for the 'after start checklist', however I read something about that in the manual so I believe it is a known problem.With the spoilers on landing, they seem to be working perfectly at my end. The first officer arms them automatically when you ask him to lower the landing gear. On touchdown they deploy as they should and then when I have vacated the runway I press the '/' key twice to retract the spoilers and then the first officer carrys out his after landing checks.James

Hello James,During the FO's After Start flow, the FO should arm the spoilers.FS2Crew sends this command to arm the spoilers:trigger_key_event (KEY_SPOILERS_ARM_ON,0)But for some reason sometimes, but not always, the spoilers are not moved to the armed position when this command is sent.It's a weird FS thing why it happens sometimes, but not all the time.So, for redundancy in case the FO doesn't arm the spoilers, I programmed it so that when you call for the After Start Checklist, the Key Spoilers Arm event will get triggered again.So I'm not sure what's happening in your case.If it fails for you, you'll just have to manually arm the spoiler.Cheers,Bryan

Guest jch5pilot

Hello Bryan,That will explain it then. On my system it seems to work the first time on every flight during the first officers after start flow, then of course, they get put back to the original position when I call for the after start checklist.Arming the spoilers myself after the flight control checks only takes a second anyway.James