Sign in to follow this  
Guest abaragones

New SP from Wilco/Feelthere for the Airbus, order of installation advise

Guest abaragones

Hi Bryan, Wilco/Feelthere just released a new SP (SP3). I was wondering if I should uninstall fs2crew, uninstall the airbus, install the new version of the airbus(since it is a complete new installer, not only a fix) and then reinstall fs2crew or just uninstall/install the A320 and then add the panel files through the start center.Thanks for your help

Guest jeffg

I went ahead and uninstalled both and reinstalled the Airbus sp3a and the A320 with the update.It just took a couple of minutes and at least I know everything is up to date. Jeff

Guest abaragones

Hey Jeff, I ended up doing the same, flu a couple of short hauls and everything works fine.

Hi BryanYou need to do a complete reinstall of FSCrew as the new installer replaces everything including the Panel.CFG.Regards Jay

Hi BryanJust realised that if they have altered anything in the new service pack that includes any alteration to the panel.cfg you may have to alter the Panel.cfg accordingly, so you may or may not have to release an update.regards

Hi.Just reinstalled the new version of the Airbus series.But before i did that i made a backup of the old original Panel.cfg file and compared it to the new one.There seems to be a change, this is what i noticed:Under (Window Titles) they have added one new entry called:Window15=GPSAnd further down just after the (Window14) section, this is added:[Window15]Background_Color=0,0,0size_mm=456,378window_size=0.5position=8visible=0ident=GPS_PANELgauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0But that's the only change i see.So that shouldn't affect anything, unless you want the default GPS unit.

Rúni B. Larsen.

Hi Runi,Yes, I'm aware of the FS9 GPS panel.cfg entry.I was left scratching my head wondering why FT added the FS9 GPS unit to the Airbus... What's the point?At any rate, FS2Crew users tend to be hard-core users, so I doubt any of them will miss the FS9 GPS.However, if you must have the FS9 GPS for whatever reason, you can manually add it back to the panel.cfg... just make sure you get the window numbers straight.Cheers,Bryan

Can't figure out myself why they put it there.I for one will not miss the GPS

Rúni B. Larsen.