Sign in to follow this  
Qatsimo

atc flight number

Hi Bryan,i did a search but couldn't find it, and my question isn't all Fs2crew related but i ask here. Because Fs2crew always reads the last flight number. My question is: Where does FSX store the atc flightnumber? In the Fs9 i used to change the flightnumber in the aircraft.cfg so i didn't need to reload the aircraft once the sim had started. In FSX however this doesn't work anymore. I looked up the saved flight but i can't find it there. Where is it?Any help is thankfully appreciated, Regards, Gerrit

Thanks Bryan,i think i found it! The problem was that FSX has to read the number from somewhere, because changing it (before FSX start in the aircraft.cfg) did not change the number in FSX, that always stays the same unless, like you say it's changed in MSFS ATC flight field. In Fs9 the number would change in the aircraft.cfg when it was changed in the MSFS ATC field, but in FSX it is stored to: Documents and settings/User/Application data/Microsoft/FSX/Simobjects/Whatever aircraft/stateNow i can bring up my second thought :) A flightnumber field in FS2crew startcenter would come in handy. So one doesn't have to load the aircraft just to change the flight number. Though its not much bother anymore now, with a shortcut to this 'state' file it's easily changed before FSX start.Regards, Gerrit