Sign in to follow this  
Guest Swazz

A320 descent rate

Guest Swazz

Hello,Each time I descent from around 16000+ feet to 2000 feet, using MCDU, the plane goes from 320knts to 340knts and it uses vertical speed to do that but some times, vertical speed goes to -47, maximum -48.... When it reaches those values, it conflicts with FSPassengers program and passengers satisfaction decreases dramatically.Is there a way to "Limit" the vspeed values? There is also manual vspeed, but I prefere the normal one.

Guest jch5pilot

Hello,Airliners such as the A320 can descend faster at higher airspeeds, so flying at around 320 knots and in a descent mode such as Open Descent, you probably will experience high rates of descent of 4000+ feet per minute and possibly much higher in some instances.Unfortunately FS Passengers has a rather restrictive limit on vertical speed which can be very annoying during climbs and descents as the satisfaction levels of your passengers go down, even though higher rates of climb/descent are quite often achieved in the real world. It is something I have always wanted to alter in FS Passengers however I do not know of a way to change those limits.Some of the things you can do to avoid it is to perhaps use a different descent mode, such as vertical speed or open descent but with a lower airspeed selected such as 280 knots for example. If you do use vertical speed to control your rate of descent however, make sure you monitor the parimeters of the flight constantly, especially airspeed, which is even more important to monitor when using vertical speed mode during a climb.I mainly use FS2crew only now without FS Passengers due to issues such as the one you have highlighted.Hope this has helped a bit,Regards,James