Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Ready for Pushback

Hi all,I was wondering if someone could direct me to where I can purchase a download version of RFP 742.Thanks,Jeff

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks Jim, I think Just Flight has it as well, I just can't seem to find a download version.Jeff

Just flight is where I got mine ($20 USD including shipping with my rewards points). It came with a honking manual detailing the systems too.Worth every penny. Not the same as my PMDG 400 but a great bird at a great price.

its too bad they cancelled the update, it was looking so beautiful, and a brand new VC which was much needed

Tom Allensworth has graciously permitted the opening of an unofficial support forum for the RFP B742 here on AVSIM. It's now up and running.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

I hope Chris will eventually come up with something. It's been a while, yes... it would be a shame if this magnificent bird fades from our virtual skies. As I mentioned in the main forum, I just completed the installation of RFP V2+VIP on my new rig and am impressed by her all over again. Is it just me or is there hardly anything out there that matches the RFP B742? And I'm not talking about the looks!Regards,Jure

Jure,What is VIP? Sounds like an upgrade, where can I get that as well, and would you mind posting some screens of what it looks like?Thanks,Jeff

Hi Jeff,RFP VIP Club Edition was available for some time and I managed to grab it in time. It was supposed to be an overhaul of the V2, or V3, if you will. After the initial package there were two updates and that was it. Chris Koegler then continued on his own (see link to the forum above), but as it was said before it's been quiet for a long time. What's new in the package?Main flight instruments (with superb ADI), MCP, a brand new inertial navigation system Litton 28 and a few other things. There was also a new FDE and sounds, judging by the installed files (I haven't yet managed to go through documentation after the reinstall)If I left something vital out, I am sure others will chime in and correct me. :)Here are two pictures of the new panel and comm panelhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/170743.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/170744.jpgI used to fly for Globe Cargo Virtual before RL forced me to retire and that was one of the best periods - if not THE best period - of my virtual flying "career". :)EDIT: I believe that the VIP upgrade is no longer available. Anyone knows different? Regards,Jure

Thanks Jure,Looks great, and from what I could see on their new website, it looks like they got the old -200 in the hanger for modifications, looks as though a new -200 is in the pipeline for both FS9 and FSX.Jeff

So far as I can tell, the VIP upgrade is not available anymore. It was never available on CD and RT has taken all the files down and ceased sales and support - given his explanation before closing down RFP, I can't blame him. Chris apparently has no rights to sell RFP or the VIP upgrade, or simply has no time for commercial involvement. He also apparently does not have the released patch files on hand, or has no rights to their distribution. It's a darn shame that such a fine product is no longer readily available.DJ

Was the VIP version only an update to the 2d panel? Its too bad it isnt available anymore

The VIP update doesn't give any updates on the virtual cockpit. Back in the time RT was still involved in the project they were working on a V3, but i don't know what the status of that is. I believe Chris (and his team?) are now working on that. Chris doesn't have the VIP files at all, so that's probably also the reason that he isn't distributing it. I still have some, but not all, and i ever tried to find some people to collect them all, so they are complete again, and then ask Chris to distribute it. Unfortunately i haven't found anyone yet who still has all the VIP update files... If someone is reading this, has them and is willing to help the VIP community with the lost files (and yes, i can show that I am really a vip member), then please let me know. rfmradio [at] xs4all [dot] nlThanks,Raymond

Raymond,let's see if we can determine how many updates there were for the VIP edition. I have the initial package plus two updates, the last .exe file is dated April 18th, 2006 (I'll check when I get home from work, but I'm pretty certain of this).There was some mention of two more updates, May and June 2006. Can anybody confirm this? I lost most of my 2006 mails so I cannot check. I flew the VIP edition a lot in the past week and it works perfectly. With a few simple modifications to the panel.cfg, zoomed main instruments, zoomed engine instruments and taxi windows can be activated. I'm still fiddling with the F/O main panel.(the mod I made consists of an .xml gauge with icons to activate the said windows and a few lines in panel.cfg) Bottom line? VIP edition is perfectly flyable, I won't go back to V2. No updates to the VC or the model, though, but that doesn't bother me. :)I'm not even sure if I want the merge with the Posky V4. But I digress...I also have all livery packs for the RFP V2 except No.5 which got corrupted. Any chance to get that somewhere? Regards,Jure

I've two VIP installers. One dates from March 4th 2006 and has 25.2MB. The second one is called RFP_VIP_CLUB_Update.exe and has exactly the same size and time-stamp as the original. I guess when I bought it, the original installer was already uptodate. Regarding the distribution, I guess we would need an official word from developer team, if we get it, I have the files here.

Got it! I didn't know that those pages were still active.Thank you, Ernie! :)Regards,Jure

>Raymond,>>let's see if we can determine how many updates there were for>the VIP edition. I have the initial package plus two updates,>the last .exe file is dated April 18th, 2006 (I'll check when>I get home from work, but I'm pretty certain of this).I only have 2 at this moment. Currently not at home so i'm not able to check the timestamps which come with these. I believe there are at least 3 to 4 updates, and you could be right about may/june updates, but those were more focussed on the ops software of which RT is now developing. >I flew the VIP edition a lot in the past week and it works>perfectly. With a few simple modifications to the panel.cfg,>zoomed main instruments, zoomed engine instruments and taxi>windows can be activated. I'm still fiddling with the F/O main>panel.U also use the INS navigation, and is it working like it should? If so i think you are completely updated. You can also check the tcas/transponder panel on the pedestal, and see if you can move the 'stby/ta/tara' etc switch... in the earlier versions they weren't working at all. >I'm not even sure if I want the merge with the Posky V4. But I>digress...For me personally it is something i would not do. I really like to have a virtual cockpit (although the vc of the rfp stinks, i know, but it is there... which i personally find important).