Sign in to follow this  
Guest 747spokes

RFP saved flights in FS2004 dont retain some settings

I wonder if anyone can help me on this. I setup the RFP 747 200 (2nd generation) lined up for takeoff and then saved it as a named flight. When I load it again many of my settings are not retained - even if the flight is re-loaded during the same session. I mean I have not exited MSFS and then re-opened it. Here is a list of things that I have to reset every time:Speed bugs revert to parked, bunched together at 100-200 kts.Altitude selected reverts to 400ft.Alt sel switch trips to off.Flight director switch goes off.Hdg switch goes to VOR/LOC.Dual switch goes to No1.Baro altimeter bug goes to 0 feet.Radio alt bug goes to 50 feet.EPR bugs go to 1.0.Yaw damper switches go off with guards opened.Smoking and seatbelt signs go off.Electric Panel: All four bus ties trip. Galley power goes off.and a few more..............It gets a bit tedious to have to reset all these thing every time I reload the saved flight. Anyone else have the same problem or have any suggestions?Another one: When reloading a saved flight that was at 1400 feet established on an ILS with auto pilot engaged, all jobs done ie. gear down, landing flap set and stable with auto throttle doing a good job. Upon reloading the power seems to be at idle and the aircraft just goes down at a high rate of sink and can't be stopped.Would also appreciate a suggestion as to which flight joy stick, with rudder twist control, has been found to be the best - never mind the expense? I suppose a throttle quadrant and peddles is probably the ideal but I can't carry around with me so much stuff in my baggage as my job takes me around the world.Would be grateful of ant help/suggestions. Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Unfortunately, most advanced panels do not save the complete panel state. There are a few that get most of it, but this one isn't one of them. It was designed to be run from cold iron and back that way.As far as travel joysticks, I use a Saitek Cyborg 3D with my laptop. Doubt its still made, but I'll bet there's a modernized variant out there.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Thankyou Bob, so I have to reset all these details each time I re-open the saved flight? I actually do fly the 200 classic for real in my job with Air Atlanta Icelandic! When I leave the flight deck to go for a coffee or something, when I return the cocpit is the same as when I left it, but of course I don't turn everything off. Oh well never mind, RFP is excellent.Is the Saitek series a very good product? I really want the best there is.I should think the Gulfstream is a nice peice of equipment.Best wishes,Simon.PS. If anyone wants any info on the actual classic cocpit I'd be delighted to be of any help. For example, I see there is no INS position on the nav switch on the glare shield panel in RFP. So there must be another way of connecting the Carousel INS to steer the plane?

Simon; Yeah, 'fraid so on the switch resets. It's not so bad if you start cold/dark each time. The Saiteks are good, but not necessarily the "best there is." Not sure what sticks might be better in the twist-grip integrated stick dept. For CIVA INS ops with the RFP panel, you have a separate INS selector switch that enables one of the CIVA INS heads to control the heading bug. You put the A/P into heading mode, and the CIVA steers the aircraft by slewing the heading bug. You can work it the same way with the ISG rendition of the Honeywell XLSGNS RNAV unit, too.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile