Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Want to hear some BS?

I just purchased the RFP 742 from pcaviator, and on it's website, it says it comes with an S-Combo program, and aircraft loaders, and a fuel calculator. When I installed it, I don't see any of these apps, nor are there manuals, infact the link for the manuals it gives me is dead. Is this what is called getting burned in the FS community? I contacted my bank and they said I would have to contact the merchant, so now I will have to wait until Tuesday to contact them, even though their website says, no refunds, if they don't give me one, I will tell my bank and they said they can stop the charges. I took some screenshtos of the page that says it comes with this stuff just in case pcaviator tries to get rid of what they falsely advertised, it's really the only evidence I could get. And another thing where all the liveries, this Ralpg guy has completely removed any links to anything associated with the 742, so now I have nothing and it's completely annoying. If someone here could possibly email me these apps, I can show you a receipt that says I legally own this addon, I would more than appreciate it. I'm so annoyed I'm not even going to check my spelling in this post.Thanks,Jeff

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Okay Jeff, let me help you out here. First of all, Ralph Tofflemire, the developer, has basically left all RFP stuff behind to work on new projects. PCAviator is a great company, and I'm sure they didn't burn you. Go to:http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:TBhZR...clnk&cd=8&gl=usand you should be able to download everything you need and install it into your FS. The site may have changed but looking at this old copy of the site, you should still be able to download them as the files are still available, as far as I can see.Take a few deep breaths and enjoy! :)Regards,Tim

Hi Tim,I appreciate your response, but unfortunately the links on that page for the downloads are dead, it's my opinion that those files should be hosted or otherwise available for at least ten years after a product is released. If I can find an email address for Ralph I might write him and ask him if he wouldn't mind putting those files back up.Thanks,Jeff

Tim, I forgot to ask, if you have have the takeoff calculator, the s-combo, and the cargo loader, would you be able to zip them up and email them to me. Some of the livery paks are still active on that page you gave me, but the utilities are no longer active.Thanks,Jeff

I would be happy to send you this stuff with the possible exception of the s-combo which is nearly 42 Mbytes in size. There is no way any of my mail accounts (or probably yours...) will accomodate that and my own opinion (and I stress, to avoid flames - my opinion) is that it is more trouble than it's worth. All of the others are rather small. Let me know if you are interested and the email addy you want to use.DJ

Flight Deck Companion is the equivalent to S-Combo if you want that added. I believe it actually is the S-Combo thing expanded to work with other planes.For what it is worth.Dave

Absolutely correct - the s-combo in question is limited to the RFP plane...DJ

Flight Deck Companion? I'll have to check it out, DJ thank you for offering to send me those other apps, my email address is lvpunk1(at)cox.netJeff

Above are correct. Flight Deck Companion was developed from Classic S-Combo ( which is the correct name BTW). RFP essentially was the pilot program for FDC. FDC works very well with RFP and does broaden the experience quite a bit, IMHO.See the post above with regard to the links which have been re-established and are working as of yesterday.I hope that you will be able to get everything going to your satisfaction. I will give you one hint: read the manuals and tutorials. If you are not familiar with large, complicated aircraft you will avoid a lot of frustration that way.Enjoy.Ed GreenKCLT

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_beta.jpg

Thanks for the history and the links. It was good of RT to set them up again...DJ

Hi Jeff,Did you buy the CD version from PC Aviator? I bought this product from them awhile back and it has all the programs it claims, including the S-Combo. There are separate install procedures apart from the aircraft and are listed on the main install screen with individual buttons to run each, manuals, loader programs, calculators, etc.The only hitch I ran into was I had to create a shortcut in my start menu to run the PAX loader. That was the only icon that the installer didn't create.Kim

Kim,No I bought the download version, and it came with none of the said utilities. And of course the manual stinks.Jeff