Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

w6kd

A new HSI for the new CIVA 1.50

Folks; I just uploaded a free HSI gauge and INS nav switch that integrates with the just-released CIVA V1.50 INS units. It's designed as a drop-in replacement for the RFP panel, and it will give you the ability to select any of the three INS units as the nav source for the HSI.For those who haven't gotten the word, the new CIVA is available now at:http://www.simufly.com/ins/Here's a shot of the new gauge in the RFP panel:http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-2/1151...FP_CIVA_HSI.JPGEnjoyBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks Bob, looks good. Great timing too. I was just thinking about taking the RFP for a fly to check out the new CIVA.

If you've already downloaded the HSI gauge, I just discovered a bug...before I ran the release version I removed part of the gauge code that I had added to do true heading mode on the TinMouse, and one of the missing variables dorked the mag headings on the gauge.Soooo...guess I need to upload the fixed version.Some days it just ain't worth getting up in the morning.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

V1.1 of the gauge has been uploaded.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

hi,do you think it should be possible to change the COURSE data on the RH with Ground speed as the real B747 HSI?And also I think it's necessary to show the indications MAG or TRUEon the center above the hsi compass.I hope you can apply those improuvements.Regards Gianfranco

Not sure what you mean about "RH" and groundspeed. Ground speed can be displayed on any of the CDUs, at any rate.Adding true headings doesn't make sense to me, since the MCP settings for course and hdg in the RFP panel are always magnetic.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

>Not sure what you mean about "RH" and groundspeed. Ground>speed can be displayed on any of the CDUs, at any rate.>>Adding true headings doesn't make sense to me, since the MCP>settings for course and hdg in the RFP panel are always>magnetic.>>Regards>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V>Santiago de ChileHello! 1)Ground speed is displayed on the upper right corner of the HSI.747 pilots are seated quite high above the ground.Knowing the exact taxi speed is very helpful, specially during the first flights.2)There is a selector on the upper panel.In most airlines, if not all, the headings are set to true when themagnetic variation overpass 30

Unfortunately, adding a true heading mode isn't possible without making some changes to the MCP and autopilot logic. My intent was to get INS course data up onto the HSI, which the stock RFP V2 HSI can't do. The HSI is a generic Boeing-style HSI that connects to both VNAV and the CIVA INS units as data sources...one that can be used as a replacement gauge with a variety of planes. It's not an attempt at an exact replication of the original 747 mechanical HSI.I just put a high-res ASI, Altimeter, and VSI in as well, with auto-computing airspeed bugs on the ASI. Now I'm trying to deal with the clock and RMI, the last two of the original "fuzzy" instruments. It's coming along nicely.http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-2/1151209/B742_INST.JPGCheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Hi Bob,the boeing 742 classic has been made as I said you.On the right side of the HSI there is not Course indication but there's Ground Speed.Navigating the INSs following Great circle the Horizontal situation must be referred to the TRUE HDG.This is the why the Boeing when the Autopilot is driven by the INS the HSI compass is referred to the True Hdg and the compass indication is True and a flag indicates True.If you'll be able to made those improuvements your gauge will be the first one to reflect the realty.To finish with the suggestions I think it should be better to change the Miles&Course positions with the INSmode one Regards Gianfranco Corrias

GianfrancoCorrect me if I am wrong.1)When set to INS The AP follows an INS track as displayed on the CDU.2)On the AP/FD panel left of radio n�1 is a VOR/ILS - INS selector.Set on VOR/ILS the HSI shows the magnetic heading (MAG), VOR/ILS deviation bar being displayed, whatever the AP setting. Set on INS, the HSI shows the True heading (TRUE), the deviation bar shows the position according to the track set on the CDU, whatever the AP setting.Both RMI show magnetic heading whatever the selector position.As said before when the magnetic variation overpass 30

Hi,your brain still work great don't be afraid.What you said is correct 100%.You said before"when magnetic variation overpass 30

Hi, Do not forget the cream of the cream: GRID NAVIGATIONBest regards. PJM

>do you think it should be possible to change the COURSE data>on the RH with Ground speed as the real B747 HSI?>And also I think it's necessary to show the indications MAG or>TRUE>on the center above the hsi compass.>I hope you can apply those improuvements.>Regards GianfrancoI went ahead and made a B747-200 HSI in addition to the generic one that'll link to the new CIVA INS. I don't have a B742 AFM here to confirm the ops details, but this looks close to the real thing in form and function I think.I like the new SDK interface that gives access to the lights...note the ALERT light illuminated on the HSI as the jet nears the next waypoint.http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-2/1151...P_CIVA_HSI2.JPGThe RMI is still a little buggy, and the clock is next.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile