Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

w6kd

A new HSI for the new CIVA 1.50

Folks; I just uploaded a free HSI gauge and INS nav switch that integrates with the just-released CIVA V1.50 INS units. It's designed as a drop-in replacement for the RFP panel, and it will give you the ability to select any of the three INS units as the nav source for the HSI.For those who haven't gotten the word, the new CIVA is available now at:http://www.simufly.com/ins/Here's a shot of the new gauge in the RFP panel:http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-2/1151...FP_CIVA_HSI.JPGEnjoyBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks Bob, looks good. Great timing too. I was just thinking about taking the RFP for a fly to check out the new CIVA.

If you've already downloaded the HSI gauge, I just discovered a bug...before I ran the release version I removed part of the gauge code that I had added to do true heading mode on the TinMouse, and one of the missing variables dorked the mag headings on the gauge.Soooo...guess I need to upload the fixed version.Some days it just ain't worth getting up in the morning.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

V1.1 of the gauge has been uploaded.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

hi,do you think it should be possible to change the COURSE data on the RH with Ground speed as the real B747 HSI?And also I think it's necessary to show the indications MAG or TRUEon the center above the hsi compass.I hope you can apply those improuvements.Regards Gianfranco

Not sure what you mean about "RH" and groundspeed. Ground speed can be displayed on any of the CDUs, at any rate.Adding true headings doesn't make sense to me, since the MCP settings for course and hdg in the RFP panel are always magnetic.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

>Not sure what you mean about "RH" and groundspeed. Ground>speed can be displayed on any of the CDUs, at any rate.>>Adding true headings doesn't make sense to me, since the MCP>settings for course and hdg in the RFP panel are always>magnetic.>>Regards>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V>Santiago de ChileHello! 1)Ground speed is displayed on the upper right corner of the HSI.747 pilots are seated quite high above the ground.Knowing the exact taxi speed is very helpful, specially during the first flights.2)There is a selector on the upper panel.In most airlines, if not all, the headings are set to true when themagnetic variation overpass 30

Unfortunately, adding a true heading mode isn't possible without making some changes to the MCP and autopilot logic. My intent was to get INS course data up onto the HSI, which the stock RFP V2 HSI can't do. The HSI is a generic Boeing-style HSI that connects to both VNAV and the CIVA INS units as data sources...one that can be used as a replacement gauge with a variety of planes. It's not an attempt at an exact replication of the original 747 mechanical HSI.I just put a high-res ASI, Altimeter, and VSI in as well, with auto-computing airspeed bugs on the ASI. Now I'm trying to deal with the clock and RMI, the last two of the original "fuzzy" instruments. It's coming along nicely.http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-2/1151209/B742_INST.JPGCheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Hi Bob,the boeing 742 classic has been made as I said you.On the right side of the HSI there is not Course indication but there's Ground Speed.Navigating the INSs following Great circle the Horizontal situation must be referred to the TRUE HDG.This is the why the Boeing when the Autopilot is driven by the INS the HSI compass is referred to the True Hdg and the compass indication is True and a flag indicates True.If you'll be able to made those improuvements your gauge will be the first one to reflect the realty.To finish with the suggestions I think it should be better to change the Miles&Course positions with the INSmode one Regards Gianfranco Corrias

GianfrancoCorrect me if I am wrong.1)When set to INS The AP follows an INS track as displayed on the CDU.2)On the AP/FD panel left of radio n�1 is a VOR/ILS - INS selector.Set on VOR/ILS the HSI shows the magnetic heading (MAG), VOR/ILS deviation bar being displayed, whatever the AP setting. Set on INS, the HSI shows the True heading (TRUE), the deviation bar shows the position according to the track set on the CDU, whatever the AP setting.Both RMI show magnetic heading whatever the selector position.As said before when the magnetic variation overpass 30

Hi,your brain still work great don't be afraid.What you said is correct 100%.You said before"when magnetic variation overpass 30

Hi, Do not forget the cream of the cream: GRID NAVIGATIONBest regards. PJM

>do you think it should be possible to change the COURSE data>on the RH with Ground speed as the real B747 HSI?>And also I think it's necessary to show the indications MAG or>TRUE>on the center above the hsi compass.>I hope you can apply those improuvements.>Regards GianfrancoI went ahead and made a B747-200 HSI in addition to the generic one that'll link to the new CIVA INS. I don't have a B742 AFM here to confirm the ops details, but this looks close to the real thing in form and function I think.I like the new SDK interface that gives access to the lights...note the ALERT light illuminated on the HSI as the jet nears the next waypoint.http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-2/1151...P_CIVA_HSI2.JPGThe RMI is still a little buggy, and the clock is next.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Hello,great! Tanks Bob for this first real B742 HSI.Now RFP panel seems very close to the realty.Tank you againGianfranco

Helloi just got this update for the HSI gauge (V1.1) installed it and i can see the new gauge and the CDU's (INS).But what i can't seem to find are the MSU selectors (where you align the INS and select NAV etc).Where these included in this update or not?If so,where are they?:) If not,could someone help me a bit adding them to the panel?regards,Steven

Dear Robert,where can I found your modified HSI gauge ? Is there attached to CIVA INS 1.5 package ?Thanks in advance.BestGwidon

The generic one is here in the library. I haven't released the 747-specific HSI yet. Still working on a few things. When I do, it'll be in the library here on AVSIM. I'll post a notice in this forum.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Thank you very much Robert, I do really appreciate your efforts and of course wait patiently for final creation.BestGwidon

>>do you think it should be possible to change the COURSE>data>>on the RH with Ground speed as the real B747 HSI?>>And also I think it's necessary to show the indications MAG>or>>TRUE>>on the center above the hsi compass.>>I hope you can apply those improuvements.>>Regards Gianfranco>>I went ahead and made a B747-200 HSI in addition to the>generic one that'll link to the new CIVA INS. I don't have a>B742 AFM here to confirm the ops details, but this looks close>to the real thing in form and function I think.If you need help to know the exact B742 HSI configuration I still have my real manuals and I know very well the gauge having flown the B742 for 20 years.Because you never spoke about the most important feature in the HSI:I remember you that when the VOR-ILS/INS switch is in the INS position and the HSI compass is referred to TRUE HDG (showing TRUE) the HSI bar is referred at the Desired Track of the INS coupled with the autopilot in COMMAND.This is important being the INS Desired Track a TRUE TRACK changing value continously because it's following the Great Circle.By the new CIVA SDK it's now possible to have a double DSRTK to do those improuvements. >I like the new SDK interface that gives access to the>lights...note the ALERT light illuminated on the HSI as the>jet nears the next waypoint.>>http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-2/1151...P_CIVA_HSI2.JPG>>The RMI is still a little buggy, and the clock is next.>>Regards>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V>Santiago de ChileI'll be very glad if you'll be able to make this first real HSI.Regards Gianfranco

Gianfranco; Regrettably, I do not believe there is a good way to detect which A/P is in command mode in the RFP panel...plus there are only two A/P paddles on the RFP MCP rather than the normal three. Because of that, I don't see any feasible way to couple three INSes to their respective A/P channels using only the A/P paddles. I ended up using my own version of the INS Nav Mode switch instead.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

>Gianfranco;>Hi Bob,Sorry for my suggestions but I'm not a programmer and when I propose some modification I don't know if it's possible or not.> Regrettably, I do not believe there is a good way to detect>which A/P is in command mode in the RFP panel...plus there are>only two A/P paddles on the RFP MCP rather than the normal>three. Because of that, I don't see any feasible way to>couple three INSes to their respective A/P channels using only>the A/P paddles.> I noticed that in the VIP edition(check the FSX post at the end of the forum board where is a shot of VIP panel)the INS NAV MODE disappeared and I was hoping you'll be able to find a trick to make the same for RFP v2.>About the two A/P paddles on the RFP MCP it isn't a problem because the B742 is born with only two A/P and three INSs.For navigation is normal procedure to use A/P A with INS#1 or A/P B with INS#2 and by the INS switch at the bottom of CPT panel it's possible to substitute INS 1 or 2 with INS 3 in case of failures.Evidently not having the source code this feature is impossible to realize. > I ended up using my own version of the INS Nav Mode switch>instead.>>Cheers>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V>Santiago de Chile>>For the future if you like to consult my real manuals I'll be glad tohelp you.Best regardsGianfranco

I installed the gauge on my panel with a triple Civa INS configuration as told. When I went to test it today though and set the INS NAV MODE on, the gauge kept on wanting to select heading 302

never mind, I found the problem.It should be specified in the readme to remove all previous default INS gauges to avoid conflicts like this one ;)