Sign in to follow this  
Guest w7mt

Getting up to date

Been a long time since I operated the RFP, but thought I'd play a bit. First off, the INS has stopped working...get all the key clicks, but no operation.More Importantly, although it is working in FS9, I see on the Support Page there are Aircraft Packs, 1 thru 9. What are these, and do I Need (Want) and or all of them?Thanks, Russ

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Russ, if your INS is not working and you are NOT using the CIVA version, I would suggest that you delete the file " RT_INS_MST.gcf" which you should find in the AIRCRAFT folder of FS9. This file frequently becomes corrupted and creates problems including CTDs. This is just one reason that the CIVA unit is the way to go for V1 and V2 of RFP.Next suggestion would be to make certain that your version of FSUIPC is current; when you re-install RFP it can try to replace your FSUIPC with an earlier version without your knowing.The aircraft packs are additional liveries for RFP.Ed GreenKCLT

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_beta.jpg

Russ, if you check your "PANEL.CFG" file you should find the entries to install the CIVA units remmed out there. Rem out the default INS entries and remove the rems from the CIVA references and you should be good to go.Of course, you do have to download and install the CIVA units themselves into FS9, but I gather that you may have already done this.Good luck with it.EdEd GreenKCLT

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_beta.jpg

Thanks Ed....I did delete that file, and I THOUGHT it was gonna work..but, alas, it doesn't.It keeps giving me Longitutde around 87E and I can't make that change. So, next step would probably be to install the CIVA, but in looking over all my documentation I don't see an "Installation for Dummies" page....IF there is an easy way,I'd appreciate the data..I have CIVA working very well in my DF727, but I have just never tried a complete "from Scratch" install.Thanks....Russ