Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gino

RFP 747-200 and TCAS

HiDoes anyone know how you can install the TCAS gauge from Lee Hetherington in to the Ready for Pushback 747-200?Thanks in advance.Gino

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I can't specifically adress Lee's TCAS as I don't use it, but I susbstituted the Ariane TCAS as follows:REM out ( put // in front of) the line referring to the VSI TCAS gauge. I believe that is gauge 02.Directly underneath, add the line, "gauge02=(name of gauge), 305,570, 87" without the quotes,etc. I don't know how Lee's gauge is named but that should be in the readme for his download.Save the file and hopefully that will work for you.REMEMBER, always back up the original file before you change anything in it, that prevents anquish later on.Best Regards,Ed GreenKCLT

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_beta.jpg

HiThanks for your help.If anyone else want the freeware TCAS in there 747-200, This is what you should do:First install the TCAS as explained in the manual.Then copy the ILH_TCAS.gau to the map of the panel that you want to have TCAS: (FS main directory -> Aircraft -> RFP_Panels and then VMAX_ANALOG_VF or Vmax_Tape).Then open the panel.cfg of the analog or digital panel, and ad these lines:Go to [Window00], And add two /'s in front of this line:gauge02=../RFP_V2/rt742_Tapes!VSI, 305, 570, 087And add this line just below the other one:gauge02=ILH_TCAS!IVSI, 305,570, 87Also, Add below al those gauge line's this: gaugeXX=ILH_TCAS!Logic, 0, 0, 1, 1,And change the XX in the next number of the number of the gauge above (so if the gauge above have number 39, replace the XX with 40). then go to [Window02] and also add two /'s to this line:gauge04=737-400!Transponder, 202, 341, 202And add this one just below the other one:gauge04=ILH_TCAS!Transponder, 202, 341, 202Then save it and close it, You should now have a fully functional TCAS in your 747-200.Gino