Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bill Hinton

Power for the Civa INS

Greetings,I am in need of help. I am unable to get power to the new Civa INS in order to use it. Any and all help will be appreciated.Thanks,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

did you hook up external power after turning on your battery?

>did you hook up external power after turning on your>battery?Thanks for responding. I did not hook up anything or turn on the battery or anything else.I chose the Ready for Pushback: RFP V2 Getting Acquainted Flight - Gate - Running. Everything seems OK except there is no power to the CIVA INS Unit.Regards,

awkward. Try starting from cold and dark, turn on the Battery, APU and Radio Master Essentials and see if they light up. ;)

As I recall, if the aircraft is on the ground with the parking brake set, the CIVA simulates a connection to ground power. So make sure the parking brakes are set, and that you have the gens connected before releasing the brakes.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Hi to all,Each Civa INS has its own battery.This battery provides for 15 min power for the INS. For 15 min at ramp with or without the parking brake set,even if the plane battery is disconnected and with APU and external ground power not running Civa INS works powered by it's own battery.Before leaving the ramp pilot must be sure that the airplane electric system is powered by the plane generators otherwise after 15 min the INSs will be shut down.Please check your MSU selectors in STBY position.Gianfranco

Luke,I tried Cold and Dark start, following the Training Videos step by step. When I tried to start Engine #4, nothing happened. I am at a loss. Thanks for trying to help me.

>As I recall, if the aircraft is on the ground with the>parking brake set, the CIVA simulates a connection to ground>power. So make sure the parking brakes are set, and that you>have the gens connected before releasing the brakes.>>Regards>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V>Santiago de Chile>Bob,Done. Still no power to the INS Units

>awkward. Try starting from cold and dark, turn on the>Battery, APU and Radio Master Essentials and see if they light>up. ;)Luke,Did that. They light up. Still no power to the INS Units.

I succeeded in starting the Engines. Still no power to the INS.

Bill,I apologize in advance for this question :), but are you turning the units on? The head units are located on the overhead panel and powered by turning the rotary knob from OFF to STBY. You must change the config to see them. Sorry again.Bob...

"Please check your MSU selectors in STBY position."G.I do not have the MSUs with the configuration that Mr. Scott provided.I seem to be the only user with this problem. Woe is me?

I had the details a bit off in my earlier post...the CIVA unit simulates APU power when on the ground with fwd ground speed < 0.2 kts (parking brakes set should meet this condition, however).In a real Carousel INS, you can't align the INUs on battery power alone anyway.Bill, please describe in detail what you are doing to use the INS. Sounds to me that you don't have the MSU gauges installed on the overhead.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

I really need help here from the experts!I putted the INS Control gauge in the overhead, but no power to INS

the simulated APU has been completely remodelled on sept 2004 with Civa 1.20 to allow pushback and to tolerate FS unproper forward ground speed up to 2kts.From civa 1.20 on,the parking brake setting is necessary and suggested only if the engines start is accomplished at ramp without pushback.Have a look at Gauge Users manual-simulated APU.