Sign in to follow this  
tincansailor

RFP Cargo Loader Problem

GreetingsI hope an enlightened RFP fan can help me out here! I am having trouble with the cargo loader. It worked once, now I get a runtime 76 path not found error. All the other loaders, fuel, passenger, reduced T/O all seem to work. I have uninstalled and re-downloaded/installed the entire package a couple of times and still get the error. Has anyone experienced this problem? Any help or ideas would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The loader looks for the default path for the aircraft ( C;Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9). If it doesn't find the aircraft you may have to enter the path manually in the loader's cfg file.My cargo loader.ini file looks like this:plane=China Airlines Cargonumber=25weight=12143pallettype=2path=C:Program Filesmicrosoft gamesFS2004AircraftVMAX China Cargoplane=Air France Cargonumber=25weight=4048pallettype=0path=C:Program Filesmicrosoft gamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftVMAX AF Cargoplane=Cargoluxnumber=0weight=0pallettype=0path=C:Program Filesmicrosoft gamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftVMAX Cargoluxplane=Lufthansa 747-230Fnumber=0weight=0pallettype=0path=C:Program Filesmicrosoft gamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftVMAX LH Cargoplane=El Al Cargonumber=25weight=7024pallettype=0path=C:Program Filesmicrosoft gamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftVMAX El Al Cargoplane=Flying Tigersnumber=16weight=10833pallettype=0path=C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftVmAX Flying Tigersplane=Focus Airnumber=20weight=8929pallettype=0path=path=C:Program Filesmicrosoft gamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftVMAX Focus AirYour aircraft may well be different but that's the format. Sometimes I have to enter each aircraft manually. Make certain that your path statements match the format required.There is also a file called loader.ini. Mine looks like this:C:Program Filesmicrosoft gamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftVMAX Focus AirCheck your files for format and information.Hope that helps.Ed GreenKCLT

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_beta.jpg

ThanksThat did the trick! The path was set up different. It was looking for the directory 2004 instead of flight simulator 9. Thanks again for the help, now I can take the Southern Air 747 up with some realistic cargo loads.

Hello Mr.Ed Green...! I readed your very wise answer and suggestions to the other "RFP colleage" about this "RFP CARGO LOADER PROBLEM,very good explain. Ed,i have a friend with the very SAME problem...(!) The CARGO loader only has China Airlines and ATLAS, and does NOT work! After input of data when clicking OK shows :Run time error 76 path not found...The COMBI loader only has Air canada and when clicking OK shows the same message as the CARGO... Well Mr. Green,i put that problem in GOOGLE,and it seems to be that this is a common problem within users.All of them suggested that the problem is the missing of the file Comdlg32,and that it will be resolved after putting back that file..!So i downloaded that "missing file" for him..But now he is "scarred like ####" because the website advise has giving her THREE OPTIONS...! Read here below:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>My unzip gives THREE Extraction options, ALL THREE ARE CHECK MARKED !1)overwrite existing files OR 2) re-create folders..OR 3)run set up after extraction What is your advise ?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>So Mr.Green...wich of these three choices is "SAFEST" to execute? Further all other items are working OK..the problem is with the "PAX LOADER" and the "Cargo Loader" Hope you will help me making this friend "happy"....Regards,Alex Alberto.

Hi Alex,I would recommend you NOT extract and run the file that you downloaded. Instead follow Ed Green's instructions in the first reply in this thread. Use NotePad to edit the cargoloader.ini file. I followed his advice to get the Comb Loader to work (by editing combiloader.ini) and it works perfectly now.If you are using a Non-English version of flight sim, then your paths will be different than his examples. Just make sure that each path points to the exact locations of whatever planes you wish to load.To me, it seems safer than running some unfamiliar software.R-

"Thank you very much" to Ed and Ron! I will pass all your informations to the gentleman concerned.Me myself have no problem at all with neither one of the RFP add-onn's. I did install and uninstalled them over and over,(NOT because of RFP problems,but due other computer related malfunctions) and everytime my reliable RFP work one hundred percent. I think in the meantime thousands of FS enthousiast around the globe has watch my RFP on You Tube. All right,must say that i have a few "little problems" but things that do not worried me to much. Now that i started to be a little active on this forum i will "launch" my questions once a while to see if i can get some solutions for those little things.And finaly; for those who like a very nice, and especially realistic General Electric sound on their RFP 747,than i suggest the freewareCF680c2B of Mr.Devyn Silverstein! The only problem is that i don't get that "whailing sound" when i shutdown the autopilot....But i prefere to sacrifice that autopilot sound for and that realistic 747-200 Silverstein sound. Thanks again Ed en Ron!Alex Alberto.

I also have a problem with the cargo loader. And I really need it, especially since my all-cargo va is getting close.The combi loader works just fine, but when i try to add my plane to the cargo loader I get the famous error. I think it's just the station entries in the aircraft.cfg file. Above a certain number the cargo loader cannot recognise it as a cargo plane (i read in the zip file of the tool), as no cargo plane hat 60+ pallet stations.So my question is, can anybody please post the [WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]for the cargo version so I can paste it in me .cfg and all problems should be solved then right??Thx in advance!p.s.: I deleted all other RFP variants due to size issues, and reinstalling the plane into my FS would cause problems to my highly customized plane (CIVA, TCAS, WX500, etc...), that's why I need it posted ;)

>So my question is, can anybody please post the>[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]for the cargo version so I can paste it in>me .cfg and all problems should be solved then right??Seems like something dissapeared in the text, i was asking for the weight and balance section in the aircraft.cfg for the all-cargo aircraft;)

This what you're looking for ?WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]// OPS Cargo/PAX loader// Modified by Ralph's Panelshop OPS 1.3.498.0-1/20/2007 10:13:04 AM Cargo/PAX loadermax_gross_weight = 788500 // (pounds)empty_weight = 342180// (feet) distance from FlightSim Reference position: (1/4 chord, centerline, waterline)reference_datum_position=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000 // (feet) distance from FlightSim Reference position: (1/4 chord, centerline, waterline)empty_weight_CG_position=-5.000000,0.000000,0.000000 // (feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from specified datummax_number_of_stations = 50station_load.0 = 170.0, 102.0, 0.0, 0.0 //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet) station_load.1 = 170.0, 102.0, 0.0, 0.0 //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet) station_load.2 = 1700.0, 75.0, 0.0, 0.0 //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet) station_load.3 = 22529.09, 60.0, 0.0, 0.0 //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet) station_load.4 = 22529.09, 60.0, 0.0, 0.0 //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet) station_load.5 = 22529.09, 60.0, 0.0, 8.0 //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet) station_load.6 = 22529.09, 18.0, 0.0, 0.0 //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet) station_load.7 = 22529.09, -44.0, 0.0, 0.0 //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet) station_load.8 = 22529.09, -80.0, 0.0, 0.0 //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet) station_load.9 = 22529.09, 42.0, 0.0, 0.0 //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet) station_load.10 = 22529.09, -100.0, 0.0, 0.0 //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet) station_name.0 = "Pilot" station_name.1 = "Co-Pilot" station_name.2 = "Crew" station_name.3 = "Cargo Section A" station_name.4 = "Cargo Section B" station_name.5 = "Upper Deck" station_name.6 = "Cargo Deck 1" station_name.7 = "Cargo Deck 2" station_name.8 = "Cargo Deck 3" station_name.9 = "Forward Hold" station_name.10 = "Aft Hold" reference_datum_position=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000empty_weight_CG_position=-5.000000,0.000000,0.000000max_gross_weight=790180.000000empty_weight_roll_MOI=19618435.000000empty_weight_pitch_MOI=40143699.000000empty_weight_yaw_MOI=36447449.000000empty_weight_coupled_MOI=0.000000Ed GreenKCLT

Ok so it doens't :( Now I get "This loader only accepts VMAX cargo or freighters." , but what else would it be :(Thx anyway ;)

Been useful if we'd known that from the start. The cargo only works with RFP aircraft fundamentally. Depending on how you accomplished the merger, you MAY be able to manually enter the aircraft into the loader's config file and the loader MAY in fact properly modify the aircraft.cfg file but not predicatable and don't be surprised if it doesn't work.All you can do it try it and see what happens. When you are dealing with a merge, not everything works as you might think. At least that's been our experience.Ed GreenKCLT

Alright sry bout that. It's just that I haven't had any problems using the combi loader with the merge so I figured it didn't really matter. I'll just keep using that one then ;)Thx for the help