Sign in to follow this  
cowpatz

FFRATS issue and others

Hi guys,Just a repeat of a post I had in the RFP forum that was not able to be answered and I was wondering if any other users have similar issues and if they found a fix: I have the following issues that are somewhat frustrating (at this stage I am only flying the Air canada model and I have the CIVA and TCAS installations (awesome):1. Take off EPR seems to be Ok but in the climb the autothrottle will not maintain the required climb or cruise EPR. typically it starts off at .04 lower and then increases with altitude. It can end up at .09 EPR low which significantly affects climb performance. The only solution is to disconnect the AT and manually set the thrust. No reduced climbs have been set and there are no manual EPR reductions set via the toggle switch.2. On first selecting the autopilot to command The V/S or IAS modes don't seem to control the aircraft even though showing engaged. It seems to require to be reselected and/or a FD to be re-engaged.3. After setting the TO pitch on the FD (say 19 degrees) and on TO rotation the pitch bar maintains its relative 19 degree position. In other words you cant rotate to it and have the FD command 19 degrees pitch up. I cannot recall this being the case in the RW a/c.4. The speedbrake only seems to have 3 positions. Stowed, armed and fully deployed. It does not appear to allow an intermediate speedbrake setting. Is this correct?Many thanksSteve Hall

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Hi guys,>Just a repeat of a post I had in the RFP forum that was not>able to be answered and I was wondering if any other users>have similar issues and if they found a fix:>>> I have the following issues that are somewhat frustrating (at>this stage I am only flying the Air canada model and I have>the CIVA and TCAS installations (awesome):>OK>1. Take off EPR seems to be Ok but in the climb the>autothrottle will not maintain the required climb or cruise>EPR. typically it starts off at .04 lower and then increases>with altitude. It can end up at .09 EPR low which>significantly affects climb performance. The only solution is>to disconnect the AT and manually set the thrust. No reduced>climbs have been set and there are no manual EPR reductions>set via the toggle switch.>You're right the climb thrust regime is too low and I'm afraid that it will remain in this condition forever being the RFP support over. >2. On first selecting the autopilot to command The V/S or IAS>modes don't seem to control the aircraft even though showing>engaged. It seems to require to be reselected and/or a FD to>be re-engaged.>I use always the V/S and IAS mode and are working in a sufficient way.>3. After setting the TO pitch on the FD (say 19 degrees) and>on TO rotation the pitch bar maintains its relative 19 degree>position. In other words you cant rotate to it and have the FD>command 19 degrees pitch up. I cannot recall this being the>case in the RW a/c.>19

I've had this problem too. It doesn't happen if you do everything exactly in order and correctly. However, should you mess up something, the panel state gets all weird.Some points:1. Apparently throttle movement toggles something in the panel, so sometimes you have to repeat the following procedure twice.2. Any little throttle movement throws off the whole thing.3. Pausing the flight unless confuses the autothrottle.So I:1. At takeoff, I slam the throttle all the way forward so that there is no movement being reported.2. If I mess up the procedure, I turn off the auto throttle, click off any lit throttle mode buttons, and twirl the throttle mode fully both ways several times.3. Turn on the arm switch.3a. Turn throttle mode all the way left (TOD). click right click click until it's on the mode I want (climb). If you over shoot or anything, repeat the procedure.4. Push EPR.5. watch gauges. If the n1 gauge goes above 90% then success, and the auto throttle will match the recommended EPR nicely.6. Repeat if necessary (see point 2)Enjoy!If this was any other product/company I'd really rag on this. However the RFP 747 just has some class I can't argue with. :)