Sign in to follow this  
A320driver

Long Standing Autobrake Problem

For as long as I have had the RFP 747 I have never been able to get the autobrakes to function. Moving the switch to any of the positions has zero effect. When the aircraft lands there is no braking action until I apply toe brakes. Thought maybe someone here would have an idea on how to correct this or if it is at all correctable.Thanks,Joe

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Autobrake works fine for me. I wonder what's different. Do you hear the announcement, "Manual braking," after touchdown? I use FDC with RFP but I think this message comes from RFP. R-

Do not use FDC. Have never heard any kind of call-outs on the RFP 74. I think this just an issue with the autobrakes.Regards,Joe

The only assignments I have for the brakes are in the "joystick" section where I have the right and left brakes assigned to my CH pedals. As for the brakes "apply/release" in the keyboard assignments I do not have any keys set to apply the brakes.Regards,Joe

Gave your suggestion a try ED, no joy. Am I correct in assuming that like other planes when the autobrakes are functioning the "brakes" window shows? Open to any other ideas or input.Regards,Joe

I do get the "brakes" sign in the window when the autobrake engages. That's why I thought that something may be misconfigured. Other than that, I can't say I know. One other thought, be certain that your spoilers are armed, deploy, and that the throttles are completely closed and that you can engage reverse thrust. Those are the things that should trigger the autobrakes.Ed GreenKCLT

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_beta.jpg

Joe, I've tried to duplicate the problem. Since this is an otherwise unreported issue, I have to fall back on the position that there has to be something with your setup that's causing the problem, and the truth is, I have no idea where to look. The autobrake function in RFP is pretty much the default setup so if one works, the other should also.Wish I could be more help, but just can't do any more without some more information. If you come up with anything would be interested to know.EdEd GreenKCLT

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_beta.jpg

Ed, thanks for the input. As of now I have no idea what to do with this. I did another flight, set the autobrakes and after landing I noticed the autobrake switch had moved to disarm. This is the first time that has happened. During the landing rollout however, the "brakes" sign did not appear, did not notice any braking action. And on it goes....Thanks and regards,Joe

>Ed, thanks for the input. As of now I have no idea what to do>with this. I did another flight, set the autobrakes and after>landing I noticed the autobrake switch had moved to disarm.>This is the first time that has happened. During the landing>rollout however, the "brakes" sign did not appear, did not>notice any braking action. And on it goes....>The fact that the autobrake switch went to "Disarm" suggests to me that your autobrake is working properly. I do not see a "brakes" message on my screen but the autobrake seems to get me stopped before I run out of runway and it disarms itself afterward as you noticed.Perhaps you're expecting too much. Remember, you've got a lot of airplane to get stopped.R-