Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest daniel.alm

RFP VIP Edition, question to the developer team

Hi all,I've a question concerning the distribution of the VIP files. I've bought it some time ago and still have the files in my computer. In the last few weeks I've got emails and PM's requesting these files, so my question is:-Does the developer team agree that those files can be shared for free via email or instant messaging programs?I don't like pirates and have no desire to distribute files if the developers don't agree with it, so if you're out there, please post your opinion here.For all the guys who requested it in the past, I'll happily send the files if we get an OK. Otherwise I'm afraid I can't do it. Cheers,Daniel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,first I want to say that the official RFP and RFP ViP edition forums are at http://41686.rapidforum.com/Regarding the ViP edition files: I am sorry, but I do not agree if anybody will share any of the ViP edition files, and I guess that Ralph will say the same. Best regards,Chris Koegler

Hi Chris,Thank you for the quick reply, that's all I wanted to hear. To all the guys who were requesting it, sorry but like you see the devs don't want it and I respect their wishes.Cheers,Daniel

>Hi,>>first I want to say that the official RFP and RFP ViP edition>forums are at http://41686.rapidforum.com/>>Regarding the ViP edition files: I am sorry, but I do not>agree if anybody will share any of the ViP edition files, and>I guess that Ralph will say the same. >>Best regards,>Chris Koegler>And may i ask why?:)It seems rather unlogic to me to be honest.Firstly,you release the whole package as freeware but those VIP upgrades can't be shared neither can they be bought somewhere...And i think you can't bring up the arguement of "we spent too much time and effort in the VIP upgrades to release them as freeware",cause i think more work went into the original package,no?And that went freeware...Ain't trying to offend you guys or whatever,it's just that there is little info to find about VIP and a lot of people would like to have to get an as up to date as it can be 747-200.Regards,Steven

Personally, Steven, I think that you might ought to back off a little, this is a more complex issue than you might imagine. Ralph Tofflemire made RFP available as freeware; it was his property and he chose to do that.The so-called VIP Edition is something else and if the owners/developers elect not to do the same thing, then that is their right and priviledge, and they should not be subject to criticism about it.When people give you something then you should say "thank you" and appreciate the gift. Ed GreenKCLT

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_beta.jpg

Wasn't meaning to get over offensive Ed :).In my point of view,it seems weird that there still is a difference between the original 742 and the VIP upgrade.As the original package is now freeware and those aren't...I just wanted to read something from the developers regarding VIP and why they made the decision to not release it for the public or to put it back online for purchase(maybe even donationware...).I allready said thanks as i got this bird way back before it even got freeware ;) and enjoy it very much!It's just i really wanted the VIP upgrades but never heard of it untill a couple of months ago.After some research,didn't find it online and never got a real answer for it.Anyway,no hard feelings and looking forward to a reply from the big boys :).Regards,Steven

Hi,Well, as Ed says,...the VIP version has very little to do with the RPB. It is a different bag as it is today,...and I can just imagine what it will be when it is finished.I have been a VIP user since day one, and it would surprise me if it will be freeware the day it is released for the community. :-)

Staffan[/font size]

http://www.scandicair.com/images/fs9_pilots_club.gifFlightsimmer since 1987Dell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz, 1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)AGP 256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo flashed to a X850 XT PE, Omega 2.6.87 (CAT 5.12)DirectX 9.0c, W XP Home with SP2, E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA, Lacie 250Gb Extern HDBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

I fully agree that the original version of the VIP Edition will not be released as a public download. All I will say at this moment is that "Patience is a virtue" and it may be well worth the wait. Regards,Ralph Tofflemire

Hi,I've joined the Vip edition back in 2006 and haven't played it a lot. I've just started playing with fs9 again and want to get the latest version but with the name and pwd I received back then I can't log onto the forum mentioned above. Is there any way I can get hold of the latest version or how or I contact the people responsible vor the VIP edition?Kind Regards,Marcell Fransen

Hi,I've joined the Vip edition back in 2006 and haven't played it a lot. I've just started playing with fs9 again and want to get the latest version but with the name and pwd I received back then I can't log onto the forum mentioned above. Is there any way I can get hold of the latest version or how or I contact the people responsible vor the VIP edition?Kind Regards,Marcell Fransen
I bought the VIP edition when it cam out and still have my pw and user name for the forum which still work.My question is I lost all file a few years back and now that I am using FS9 more again how can I get the VIP files again? JeffG

I'll try to chime in a bit and fill in some gaps.All this information is on the official forums but I'll post it here as the posts may have been pushed back a bit.The Original RFP 747-200 was made freeware because many distributors were selling it but they were NOT paying the development team. So, to put a dent in the distributors wallets, Ralph decided to release it as freeware. The VIP version was not available to these same distributors and therefore they were not able to sell it. Sales for the VIP version were pulled shortly after release for a reason only known to Ralph and Chris. The VIP package was NOT a complete package but rather a subscription to a service where upgrades were introduced at certain intervals and were added to the VIP panel.As for the current work in progress. Chris has been working on a completely NEW package that includes:747-100/200/300/SP with a completely new panel, similar to the VIP version that was released. This new panel has new smooth gauge programming (UNBELIEVABLE FPS with no stuttering) and a few new features which I won't divulge here.It was planned to be released for FS9 and FSX, however, FSX is proving difficult to work with and plans have changed. It may still be released for FSX, but only Chris can answer that as FSX development has been put on hold.Release is unknown at this point. Chris was hoping to have it released last year but other things have taken priority. Rapidforums (the official forum for RFP) will be closing at some point between now and the 1st of June so if you want to stay informed, keep checking back there. I have been providing support and as much information as I can on the official forums as Chris is very busy with another project. In return, Chris has very generously allowed me to try out 2 versions of the new version for the last year and a half.In closing, the original VIP version will not be distributed as freeware. Please do not ask for release dates for the new package on this forum, the official forum, or via email to Ralph, Chris or myself. Ralph is no longer involved with the new project that Chris is developing. That is strictly Chris' baby. Please don't email me about the details or screenshots. If there is any information, it will be given by Chris at the official forums, or if the official forums close down, either he or I will mention something on these forums.At the moment, there is no news to share. A lot has been done to the new version but it is still not ready.I hope this puts to rest any unanswered questions about the original version or the new package.Goran

Thanks for the update, Goran. What you have written is complete to the best of my knowledge also. Although Ralph and I do stay in touch, I have not heard from Chris in sometime now. I do continue to lurk here off and on in an attempt to help out where I can, it should be said that I also have nothing to do with any continuation of the RFP Project, and anything that I post here is not in any "official" capacity whatsoever.Knowing the quality of his work, I can bet pretty strongly that whenever Chris releases his updates/new program, it will have been well worth the wait.

Hi EdHe certainly has a lot on his plate at the moment. Not just the 747, but also another major project he is working on. Wait until you see this new 747. It's no secret the VC in the 747-200 V2 and VIP is crap. No offense to the VC graphics person, but I'm being honest. The VC is getting a makeover. The thing that has spun me for a loop are the gauges and how smooth they are. If you have X Plane and have seen the gauges on that, then this is definitely on the same level for animation as x plane.Anyway, don't want to get carried away. It's safe to say I have several hundred dollars worth of add on aircraft in FS, and the RFP V2 AND Chris's new beta version have seen the most hours out of all of them.Also, Ed, have a look at my tutorials. I'd appreciate your opinion on them. I have made a basic "getting familiar" tutorial which I mentioned on here before and a more in depth version.Here's the more detailed version.Long haul from Heathrow to JFK.http://41686.rapidforum.com/topic=100266439602Download the files from the first post.Goran

Hi Goran. One of the things that you have to remember about RFP is that this aircraft was originally built and released for FS2000! there has been a lot of water under the bridge in those nine years and despite the re-working and updates, the original add-on is still that old. The team did a lot of work moving from FS2000 to FS2002 and then from FS2002 to FS2004, but at that point the string was pretty well run out without going pretty much back to square one. I actually do have the VIP version and even have a variant of it that works in FSX; I wouldn't consider it perfect by any means, but the Old Girl holds here own with a lot of newer add-ons, IMHO. Guess it depends on what you really want, and how much you are willing to pay for it: I'm sure that any number of the newer offerings are very nice and a lot of challenging fun to learn and manage, but I still have a lot of problems paying over $100 for an add-on for a $60 program, particularly when I can still get almost as much of a thrill out of firing up the whale and duplicating a long haul. I mean to take nothing from PDMG, CLS, and the like, but I just don't perceive that sort of differential value between the choices. Particularly, since I still fly FS9 at least as much as FSX and RFP's performance there doesn't leave much more to be desired. I don't fly from the VC, never have, so that's not a problem for me.I tried to look at your tutorial, but Chris' board wouldn't let me sign in. I'll go back and try again and see what happens.

Hi,first I want to say that the official RFP and RFP ViP edition forums are at http://41686.rapidforum.com/Regarding the ViP edition files: I am sorry, but I do not agree if anybody will share any of the ViP edition files, and I guess that Ralph will say the same. Best regards,Chris Koegler
Chris, Vincent here, Since the site closed down, how will we know if and when updates to the VIP panel will be available? THANKS