Sign in to follow this  
BenG

All engines failing

I'm in a bit of a fix - I was flying a flight - quite normally - when all four engines failed. I chekced everything - all gauges/panels where as they should be. How ever I was unable to restart the engines.I've tried resuming the flight from the last save point. And every time after reloading the flight (engines running INS on etc...) after a few minutes BANG all four engines fail again. Retsart procedures do not work. Sometimes I',m eunable to put fue in (i.e. the fuel lever switch straight back to cutoff when I clikc it). Other times I can (supposedly) put fuel in. but the engines never get over 20% N2.Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anythign I can do?I have used RFP before for ages and with no problems - howeverthis is the first flight I've done since re-installing Fs9 about a month ago.(I have re-installed from the CD and installed the two ptaches).

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I recommend you check and make sure you have the latest version of FSUIPC V3.x in the modules folder...sometimes when installing some older add-ons, they will overwrite the FSUIPC.DLL file with a much older version.Also, I'd check that you don't have a bad button or axis assignment that's causing a mixture/fuel shutoff. A hardware axis assigned to mixture with a noisy potentiometer could cause that to happen.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

I have the exact same problem now and then. The only solution is to reset everything from zero. It has been the major reason for me to cancel a flight, since sometimes takes up to 40 minutes to prepare everything.I have even had it while pushing back (checked every system aswell) and also in flight.What caught my attention is is mostly happens after resizing or minimizing the FS window. Also when I put FS on my othe monitor and a while later put it back on the original monitor all angines fail for no apparent reason.Best you can so is once your FS is started up, NEVER minimize, resize or move your FS windown, always keep it in the background.Would like a solution too! Maybe this doesn't happen in full screen??Grtz

Did you also know that enabling the Avionics No. 2 switch enables random engine failures? Have you got that switch turned on? I remember I lost all 4 engines once when I pushed the throttles full forward into the red on takeoff and they all died 250ft AGL. Make sure your EPR doesn't go too high and keep all engine parameters in the Green or Orange! Stay out of the red!! If you're climbing using a high VS but your speed is too high AND you have enabled "Speed" instead of "EPR" on the autothrottle, this may cause engine failure.I'm not sure if it is modelled on the 742, but some add ons have engine failures in heavy rain.Just make sure you follow the checklists from start up and don't leave anything out. Also, as was mentioned, make sure you have a current version of FSUIPC.Make note of these things and see how you go.RegardsGoran

Ive been flying alot since the last post and I must say I havent had the problem much any more. About the avionics switch, I never had that problem. Keeping the systems within their limits is prolly the best you can do. Must be some kind of bug that surfaces after a certain combination of handlings.Ive also been very carefull with resizing my window. Who knows where these problems come from :)Anyway, it's indeed in one's best intrest to stick to the cheklist and performance.Happy flights!

I've had it happen a couple times on long flights. Not sure what is the problem. What is this Avionics #2 switch? Whare is it? Ed, has it happened to you or is it the way we are running the craft?jimCYWG

Jim, not certain what you mean about the avionics #2 switch. If you are talking about the Radio #2 switch on the overhead panel, there are/were some engine fires/ failures keyed to that switch's position and some other parameters, so if that's ON then it could be a culprit.Try flying with that one in the OFF position and see if you get a failure. If not, then that's it.As I recall, this switch would only trigger one engine failure and then under only certain condition, but anything is possible with the possible variations in systems.....EdEd GreenKCLT

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_beta.jpg

I'am sorry Ed. I only ask because Goran talks about the Avionics No. 2 switch a couple posts above.JimCYWG

Apologies, that's what I meant. The radio No. 2 switch.Goran