Sign in to follow this  
Guest MKA742

For all of u using the KLN90B

from PT sim....This is a small tutorial i wrote to get you started on the PT KLN90B. This freeware gauge is very realistic and can be updated with the latest AIRAC's (uses FSNAV files). It can be installed and used on any aircraft with any AP that has HDG hold. Might be nice for the longer flights wich require a lot of INS handlings or for areas with no possibility of updating the INS.Good luck ;-)p.s.: email me for the .doc version

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just a quick note.There are still some bugs that unfortunately won't be fixed. Therefore be careful NOT to enter more than 30 waypoints into FP0 (the automatic import might try to do so) or it may cause a crash!This is also true when entering SIDd and STARS on the KLN.If you have more than 30 waypoints then the most simple way to go about it is to enter the first 30 (including those of the SID if you use one) into the active page (FP0) and the rest into one of the other FP pages so once the points are overflown, one can easily transfer the next point into the active page.Alternatively one can delete several points that were already overflown to make room for the next ones.If you're using the SID/STAR database that comes with the KLN, make sure to review the procedures with the editor available on the PT forum. Some of the procedures might contain redundant points (usually hold VORs) that can be easily cleaned using the editor. *edit*to avoid confusionits not "PT sim" (a Portuguese group) its "Project Tupolev" (just PT, no sim ;) )

Ok, that's also in the manual.PT sim is indeed project tupolev, as stated in the manual.Now that I'm posting, someone sent me a mail asking for the doc version but I keep getting my sent mails back so...