Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hakan737

sticky topic about RFP panel merge to POSKY models

Hi all,I tried to several times to RFP panel to POSKY models but every time I lived an engine run-up problem during startup procedure. I searched on RFP forum, I found some of topic which are talking about merge but I could't see pure information about merge process to POSKY model.If possible, if you have a satify procedure about panel merge to any POSKY model, can you become it a "sticky" topic? it would be great for new RFP users and also never see "how can we make merge into POSKY or other models?" questions.thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

hi,download and install your posky plane.Copy into FS9/aircraft/your Posky plane the Arcraft.cfg and the Vmax_Classic_2 files.Copy in the panel folder the following:[fltsim]//Analog 1alias=RFP_PanelsVMAX_ANALOG_VFCopy in the Sound folder the following:[fltsim]alias=Vmax-sndNow edit the aircraft.cfg copying from the Posky aircraft.cfg :at (General engine data)the fuel flow scalar and at(Turbine engine data) the engine parameters suitable for your Posky plane.

Here's some other edits you need to make if you have the POSKY 747SP.In AIRCRAFT CFG, (FUEL_SECTION), add this line:Center2=0.0, 0.0, -6.0, 50.0, 3.0Then edit the (HYDRAULIC_SYSTEM) section:Change the entry: engine_map=1,1,1,0 to read: engine_map=1,1,1,1I asked this very question a while ago and that's the response I got from Chris on his forum. It seemed to work fine for me with the POSKY 747SP and RFP V2 merge.Kim

hi,it's possible to edit the Aircraft.cfg copying also the data from:OPENSKY 747 FDE SUITE V.9.6downloadable at Opensky site.

Hm, that's odd. I put the RFP panel into the default 747, and it works fine.Try copying *all* of the files from ...FS9aircraftVMAX panelsanalogue (or tape, whichever you prefer) into the panel folder of the POSKY

hi, download and install your posky plane. Copy into FS9/aircraft/your Posky plane the Arcraft.cfg and the Vmax_Classic_2 files. Copy in the panel folder the following: [fltsim] //Analog 1 alias=RFP_Panels\VMAX_ANALOG_VF Copy in the Sound folder the following: [fltsim] alias=Vmax-snd Now edit the aircraft.cfg copying from the Posky aircraft.cfg : at (General engine data)the fuel flow scalar and at(Turbine engine data) the engine parameters suitable for your Posky plane.
Hi there!I have recently downloaded the now freeware version 2 RFP and want to use the panel on the new model 4 of POSKY. I have followed these instructions, but then it refuses to pick up the posky plane in fs9. Anu sugestions here? I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance :-)Werner747

I'd be curious if anyone who's merged the RFP panel and Posky models can successfully start the engines. I've read in recent posts that some versions of the panel disable engine start in merged planes as a kind of crude piracy protection. I have the boxed JustFlight version of the panel, and I've never been able to start the engines in the merged combo. Everything else works fine, just not engine start.

I'd be curious if anyone who's merged the RFP panel and Posky models can successfully start the engines. I've read in recent posts that some versions of the panel disable engine start in merged planes as a kind of crude piracy protection. I have the boxed JustFlight version of the panel, and I've never been able to start the engines in the merged combo. Everything else works fine, just not engine start.
Hi John,Yes, same here! I cannot get the engines running and the electrics shut down completely. If I follow the instructions above for getting it to work with the posky plane, the plane vannishes from my aircraft list in fs9. This obviously has something to do with the air file and the way that it is used and the posky plane not wanting to accept it in this way :-). The rfp is great, but the fact that the nose is not where it should be like in a propper 747 and the performance ito the Mach speed in cruise is a little problem for me. Add to this the fact that it refuses to let me alter the pax and fuel load complicates matters even more :-). I want to use the panel, but not on the particular plane. Can anyone help PLEASE!!!!!!!!RegardsWerner747

Hi John,Yes, same here! I cannot get the engines running and the electrics shut down completely. If I follow the instructions above for getting it to work with the posky plane, the plane vannishes from my aircraft list in fs9. This obviously has something to do with the air file and the way that it is used and the posky plane not wanting to accept it in this way :-). The rfp is great, but the fact that the nose is not where it should be like in a propper 747 and the performance ito the Mach speed in cruise is a little problem for me. Add to this the fact that it refuses to let me alter the pax and fuel load complicates matters even more :-). I want to use the panel, but not on the particular plane. Can anyone help PLEASE!!!!!!!!RegardsWerner747
I thought that "feature" was removed with one of the patches that came out in the V2 airplane. I'm pretty sure it's gone from the freeware download they released...it'd be a surprise to find it still in the JustFlight payware version.As I recall, as long as you leave a copy of the original .mdl file in the \model folder, along with the .mdl file you want to use and a model.cfg file pointing to the new model, you were OK. So you should have the modded model.cfg pointing to your new .mdl file, and both the original RFP .mdl file and the POSKY or other merge .mdl file.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

I thought that "feature" was removed with one of the patches that came out in the V2 airplane. I'm pretty sure it's gone from the freeware download they released...it'd be a surprise to find it still in the JustFlight payware version.As I recall, as long as you leave a copy of the original .mdl file in the \model folder, along with the .mdl file you want to use and a model.cfg file pointing to the new model, you were OK. So you should have the modded model.cfg pointing to your new .mdl file, and both the original RFP .mdl file and the POSKY or other merge .mdl file.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO
Hi Bob,Thanks for the reply :-). Let me tell you what I've done up to now. I took the .mdl file and copied that into the V4 model folder of my posky aircraft. the other information that I had read up untill now told me not to modify the model.cfg file, but I did put the rfp notes in the file, and with or without it, the engines and electronics shut down :-(.I would be very happy if you could walk me through the whole process of the merge in the way that you had done it (or know that it works) so I can give it a try. I love the panel, but the FDE isn't that great (I'm used to the PMDG 747 versions) and I want to use the 742 from posky, so I REALLY NEED THIS MERGE!!! :-). What version posky plane did you use for the merge?Thanks again!Werner

As I recall, as long as you leave a copy of the original .mdl file in the \model folder, along with the .mdl file you want to use and a model.cfg file pointing to the new model, you were OK. So you should have the modded model.cfg pointing to your new .mdl file, and both the original RFP .mdl file and the POSKY or other merge .mdl file.
That was the missing piece, Bob; thanks for that! I've managed to get the engines started from "cold and dark" for two different merged RFP/Posky versions after copying over the RFP model files as you suggested.Werner, I found that the merge detailed in this thread worked for me (in addition to Bob's advice above):http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...l=posky+747+rfp

For what it's worth, this problem is caused by the old copy protection scheme which was intended to prevent merges back when RFP was payware. I guess who ever created this newer CD must be using one of the older versions of the program.Bob's solution is the correct one and best way to do it though.

That was the missing piece, Bob; thanks for that! I've managed to get the engines started from "cold and dark" for two different merged RFP/Posky versions after copying over the RFP model files as you suggested.Werner, I found that the merge detailed in this thread worked for me (in addition to Bob's advice above):http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...l=posky+747+rfp
Hi guys,Thanks all for the feedback on this! I'm going to give it a shot and see what happens. PittsS2B, can you please give send me your working files that were tweaked for this to work? Just in case I don't mannage the merge :-). My e-mail is wernergillespie@hotmail.com. I would greatly appreciate that! Thanks again everyone!RegardsWerner747