Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dracherl

ext pwr fails

hi,i've installed the RFP today so excuse any stupid questions.To my surprise I couldn't find anything via search, probably I choosed the wrong keywords.Maybe someone's willing to help me anyway.The thing is i downloaded the tutorial videos and watched it and I assume the first thing one has to do is to pwr the plane up via ext pwr.So I followed the instructions given in the video but when there is a green light in the video there's none in my 747.Well ...1. Did I miss any patches I should install?Downloadpage says I need none( http://www.panelshop.com/OPS_RFP/RFP_Files.htm )2. in the video battery is off in the beginning - it is on when I load the plane.3. In the video ext pwr av. (the white lights) is off on startup. It is on in my machine4. so for me it os logic to follow the rest:* crossfieed valves open* #2 boost pumps on* grd srv bus switch close... nothing happensEven when I switch everything off and do it from scratch resp. cold and dark again, the green light for pwr on bus ext pwr won't light upI installed FS9 from scratch a few days ago(I sticked long to FS8 because it worked perfectly)my FSUIPC is a registered 3.75I've no previously installed aircraft which could cause trouble(so far only the aero commander 500 by Milton Shupe, ac500c1.zip)Any suggestions?Thanks in advanceregards

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

disregard - I found the problem.1. there's a difference between dim and bright light(however in the video they're not lit at all in the beginning)2. after restart I now have the 'grd crew' request / cancel select above the switch itself. It wasn't there yesterday.Probably the computer needed a night's brake before accepting such heavy stuff - don't knowI have it powered up now (and the APU as well)