Sign in to follow this  
G.Franco Corrias

Unforgettable Kaitak

hi to all,for the classic and amazing Hongkong Kaitak airport, where a big part of the B747-200 history has been written, there's a new impressive scenery for FS2004:9Dragons Kaitak scenery.This scenery I think, is the best ever released for FS2004 and probably the best ever released for all FSs.If you like to fly the RFP 742 you cannot miss to have in your FS9 9Dragons Kaitak scenery.Cheers

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I too am stunned by the 9 Dragons Kai Tak scenery. I'm grateful for all the hard work the developers put into it, better than any payware out there.I've had no trouble landing the PMDG 747-400, but the RFP 747-200 is a different matter. It seems have a larger turn radius, making it more difficult to make the final turn to runway 13, especially with a crosswind from the right. No amount of rudder helps and using a steeper bank just seems like you'd clip a building with a wingtip. Most of my attempts end up to the left side of the runway with the RFP. Has anybody else noticed this?Kim

hi,I use only Rfp 742 and I can make very easy the final turn of IGS RWY 13 in Kaitak.I think you have to adjust the FS9 advanced sensitivities.My joy stick is Microsoft Sidewinder force feedback 2 and:Ailerons,Elevator and Rudder sensitivities settings are about in the middle position.All three Null-zones about zero.But I think mainly it depends on your joy stick.So after few experiments surely you'll be able to find the right settings.Regards

I have a yoke, rudder pedals and throttle quadrant that work very well. I don't like to fly airliners with a stick (unless it's an Airbus), it just doesn't seem to be the correct controller for the these aircraft.I have noticed a definite difference in the flight characteristics between the PMDG 747 and the RFP 747. It's subtle, but it's there, especially the turn performance. The PMDG 747 just seems more crisp and responsive while the RFP 747 is more like turning a battleship, a little slower and wider. Whether that's true in the real aircraft, I'm not sure.I like to fly both aircraft in FS9. They both have their challenges, old analog verses modern glass and FMC's, but I've really noticed the differences flying the RWY 13 approach. If you ever get the PMDG 747, you might be surprised in the handling differences between the two aircraft. I don't know which one has the more accurate flight model, although I'm leaning toward PMDG in this case.Kim