Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Seanfg

RFP 747-200 Panel Modification

Hello all, after getting back into simming a few months ago after a couple years out of the scene, I was quite delighted to see the RFP 747-200 was released as freeware. I had already owned the Reality-XP JetLine 2 set of gauges and thought it would be neat to see if I could fit them in the panel with tape engine gauges (inspired by KLM's 747-200's) as something to do on a rainy afternoon. Anyway, after seeing it could be done and being happy with the end result I decided to take it a step further and see just how much I could do (considering I have 0 knowledge of programming to designing anything).After managing to replace a few gauges here and there and redo the panel bitmaps and lightmaps a little, I am really happy with the end result. I have always wanted to submit a file to Avsim so that I could say I contributed something, however small, to this hobby and was wondering if anyone else would be interested in this modification because if so, I will do some more work on it and depending on whether or not I get permission from the folks that released the RFP 747-200, and Tinmouse 737-200 (several gauges taken from this package) I would release it as freeware so that everyone can enjoy it along with me.Here are a couple picture to show the work done so far and if anybody has any comments, suggestions, or constructive criticism please do share. EDIT: Ok I can't figure out Photobucket to save my life so here is the link to my album, the pictures should be the first three in the list.http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w208/seanfg89/Sean Gamble

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Great work so far! although since you put an EHSI and EADI at this point you should also put in an FMC, the ISGsim one would fit perfectly ;)I have been working lately on a little panel edit for the RFP myself, based on the Alitalia configuration circa 1999, two years before they were retired from passenger service. I would like to release it but it still needs some work to be done and two payware gauges to take out and substitute them with freeware ones. ;)742panel1hb5re3.jpg742panel3fz8te0.jpg

Your edit looks much better than mine although I did a little more polishing on mine today and will put up some pictures a little later. I will definately look into those ISGsim gauges you mentioned but first have to check my bank account to see if I should purchase them this month or wait a little while. If you don't me asking, where did you get the standby ADI gauge and the two gauges directly under the TCAS/VSI? I would very much to include them in my edit as they are very close to the gauges on the panel(s) I am trying to recreate.Anyways thanks for the kind words and perhaps we could help eachother in our RFP panel edits?

>If you don't me asking, where did you get the standby ADI>gauge and the two gauges directly under the TCAS/VSI? I would>very much to include them in my edit as they are very close to>the gauges on the panel(s) I am trying to recreate.The Standby ADI is from Stellan Hilmerby's DC-9 panel, I thought it would fit in quite well and in fact I like how it came out ;)The two gauges under the TCAS are the two payware gauges I was talking about: the ADF indicator taken from the Carenado C206 and the Control Surface Indicator from the Aerosim L1011. In order to release the panel I need to substitute them with freeware ones. I did see however some shots from the VIP upgrade which already includes a Control Surface Indicator which is much better than the one I am using, but unfortunately I don't have the update package and probably never will since it's not available anymore :(>Anyways thanks for the kind words and perhaps we could help>eachother in our RFP panel edits?Sure! :DAnd keep up the good work on the EFIS version, it looks very promising

Heres the most recent picture, you'll notice I re-did and re-arranged the radio panel a bit and put an INOP sticker over the radios (which I have disabled) since the RTU contains all the necessary radios and switches required for their operation. I have also switched out the Radio Altimeter for one that more closely matches the one most commonly used in 742's.All I really need now is a Marker Light (OMI) gauge that is horizontal instead of vertical and then all thats left for me to do really is reposition some gauges here and there and touch up the panel .bmp's a little.742-4.jpgAgain, any comments or criticisms are welcome.Sean Gamble

Add/replace this at the end of your panel.cfg for better night lighting.Day=255,255,255Night=0,0,0Luminous=255,255,255Use the panel light switch on the captain's panel to activate the lighting for the 3rd party gauges you added.

Did you also try to make the VC panels a bit more sharp? I always try to fly from the VC, but I see double on the FE panel, and the rest isnt very readable.Any progress?JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE..http://www.jdserver.mine.nu/johan