Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

martinlest2

How to jettison fuel?

When I jettison fuel, should I see a reduction in fuel quantity in the sim? Nothing seems to happen - maybe I am not doing it correctly.If someone could tell me what to do to get the fuel jettison to work, step by step, and what I should be able to see in the panels as a result, that would be a real help! The pdf manual describes the system, but not its actual operation, as far as I can see.Thanks.Martin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Here is what the manual says...In the unlikely event that mechanical difficulties are encountered during or after the takeoff, itmight be necessary to either return to the airfield from which you just took off, or you might needto land at an en-route airport to rectify the problem. Main Tank Boost Pumps - ON

No, nothing happens. Am I supposed to see the Fuel Qty values (in orange) fall as fuel is jettisoned? They don't move - in fact (shock, horror!), now I look more closely (as I fly the 742 on my other PC), they don't seem to change at all from the values shown at take-off. The 'Fuel Used' gauges are increasing as expected, but the Fuel Quantity gauges seem dead. Nor, half-way across the Atlantic, has the fuel quantity shown by pressing Shift+Z changed from the % I set at startup. It always decreases with other a/c...Something clearly amiss here!Martin

As greeneg noted, do use the fuel panel to fuel the a/c. Also, and I'm sure that you already have, do check the reality options to make sure that you don't have 'unlimited fuel' set on in the simulator...DJ

Hi. Yes, I fuel up via the 'quick click' utility in the 742 fuel panel.And yes, I do have unlimited fuel set in FS9, but I have never seen the fuel percentage stay put like this before: it can go down to zero if I haven't calculated correctly, but the a/c engines carry on anyway. Here, the fuel stays the same % as I set it before startup. Maybe with unlimited fuel in the reality options checked, that's the way the 742 operates? Next time, I'll try unchecking the unlimited fuel option.M. :-)

The 747 system is very un-FS9 in its operation. Do let us know what happens when you uncheck the unlimited fuel option.DJ

Took me a while to do this (been abroad a while too).Yes, with unlimited fuel selected in FS, the fuel jettison works fine.Martin

Whichever... :-) - at least the problem is solved!DJ